Dixie Narco 168m

Travis75

I just bought a DixieNarco 168m. It does not have a coin mechanism and I was told it vends free. It gets cold and lights up. I have filled all 6 selections and manually vended (primed) all of them. When I push the selection nothing happens. Any suggestions? Thank you. 

5 hours ago, Travis75 said:

I just bought a DixieNarco 168m. It does not have a coin mechanism and I was told it vends free. It gets cold and lights up. I have filled all 6 selections and manually vended (primed) all of them. When I push the selection nothing happens. Any suggestions? Thank you. 

Most single price machines like yours, if modified to be free vend, will have a button to push in order to set a credit in the machine. Only then can you vend a can.

Go inside the machine. Near where the coin insert area is should be a large black plug. There should be wires and a button connected to that plug. Warning, that button, plug and wire have 120v AC running through it. If it’s just an 8 pin socket no plug then it doesn’t have the free vend mod. If so not really a big deal, you can get one premade ready to plug in on eBay or you can make one yourself if you are handy.