Snack shop AP 113 snack machine help

Leek2534

Hello, 

I’m currently having a problem with my vending machine. My bill acceptor is taking dollars bills but they are getting stuck(not fully feeding through, It gets stuck mid way ). I’m so confused on what’s going on here I tried many different bill acceptors to find out that that’s isn’t the issue. Can someone help me please ! I don’t want to loose this location.

P.s I’m using a 117volt bill acceptor 

B18C2303-A6E3-496F-AA95-7CCA38A28C88.jpeg

Edited by Leek2534

You aren't telling us what model of bill acceptor you are using nor whether you are putting rebuilt units into the machine.  The machine itself won't cause bills to jam so you are dealing with bad bill acceptors.  It sounds like you are putting unknown quality acceptors in the machine.  If you are using Mars VFM acceptors then you are having issues with bad elevator switches or bad belts.  More information is needed like what is exactly happening, can you buy with coins, does the machine pay change, does the stuck bill give a credit, can the credit be used to buy anything, does the stuck bill disable the machine, can you press the coin return to get the bill back?  Can you drop in a coin then push the coin return to pay it back out?  If not then your coin mech needs to be repaired. 

On 4/10/2020 at 7:28 PM, Leek2534 said:

Hello, 

I’m currently having a problem with my vending machine. My bill acceptor is taking dollars bills but they are getting stuck(not fully feeding through, It gets stuck mid way ). I’m so confused on what’s going on here I tried many different bill acceptors to find out that that’s isn’t the issue. Can someone help me please ! I don’t want to loose this location.

P.s I’m using a 117volt bill acceptor 

B18C2303-A6E3-496F-AA95-7CCA38A28C88.jpeg

The bill acceptor I’m using is a Mars VFM, when I insert a dollar bill it’s takes the bill and give the credit but won’t allow for another bill to be inserted due to the first bill getting stuck half way through the bill acceptor, this doesn’t disable the machine but it just will stop you from inserting additional bills. I’ve tried other Mars vfm acceptor 2 to be exact(1 rebuilt,1 untested). When a return is requested it will spit the dollar back out. With coins I’ve noticed that it only accepts nickels dimes And sometimes quarters and it does pay back in change aswell. And for purchases they will go through for item <= $1 

Thanks for the reply it is most appropriated! @AZVendor

Edited by Leek2534

Your bills are not jamming, they are being parked as they are held in escrow.  Here is the manual for the machine: http://www.thevendingcenter.com/113_Snackshop_manual.pdf  Page 7 tells you what you need to do to correct this.  Number 1 is to let the machine count the coins into your coin tubes.  You need to use the machine to pay out all of the coins in your coin tubes until your tube counts are zero.  This is explained under #3 Coin Mech Inventory.  After emptying the tubes then you use this same mode to fill the coin tubes by dropping individual coins into the top of the coin mech.  The machine will display the inventory totals of each coin as you do this.  This is usually a one time thing to do as the machine doesn't normally need this done.  The next thing to do is to turn off Bill Escrow.  This is done in #6 Control - Service Mode and after Pressing #5 on the keypad.  Bill Escrow turned on will park the first bill and then require change to be inserted for an item priced over $1.  Turning Bill Escrow off will allow the first bill to be stacked in the bill box so that a second bill can be inserted.  

PS: The next thing to do to improve your machine is to stop using the VFM and upgrade to a MEI VN2500.

6 hours ago, AZVendor said:

upgrade to a MEI VN2500

Your a blessing, thanks you so so much  ! @AZVendor my last Question  is where would I buy that upgraded bill acceptor? Is there anyway that you could provide me a link for the item? And to anything else I might need to assist the installation 

Vendtronics here in Phoenix is an authorized MEI repair depot and they do a good job refurbing the VN2500s.  Give them a call.  You won't need anything other than the 110V power pigtail that comes with the validator to hook it up.  

Edited by AZVendor

Your MC5000 is junk.  They are tempermental and poorly designed in that the acceptor has connections to the coin mech through a card-edge connecter on its bottom edge.  As happens when people don't realize this, they will remove the acceptor from the mech when power is on and breaking that card-edge connection will damage the electronics.  As to the other issues you have with various mechs, you are apparently not using rebuilt coin mechs.  Just throwing random used mechs into it will give you all the problems that the old used mechs already have.

Another possibility is that your coin return lever in the machine is constantly pressing down on the coin return lever of the coin mech.  Just slight pressure on the coin mech lever can cause coin rejections.  If you remove the coin mech and look at the 3 mounting screws behind it (make sure all 3 are there) you might notice that there are two sets of screw holes.  This is because Mars mechs sit at a different height than Coinco mechs.  If all of your replacement mechs are Coinco then you probably need to put the screws in the lower holes to give more clearance between the two coin return levers.

On 4/19/2020 at 12:19 PM, AZVendor said:

Your MC5000 is junk.  They are tempermental and poorly designed in that the acceptor has connections to the coin mech through a card-edge connecter on its bottom edge.  As happens when people don't realize this, they will remove the acceptor from the mech when power is on and breaking that card-edge connection will damage the electronics.  As to the other issues you have with various mechs, you are apparently not using rebuilt coin mechs.  Just throwing random used mechs into it will give you all the problems that the old used mechs already have.

Another possibility is that your coin return lever in the machine is constantly pressing down on the coin return lever of the coin mech.  Just slight pressure on the coin mech lever can cause coin rejections.  If you remove the coin mech and look at the 3 mounting screws behind it (make sure all 3 are there) you might notice that there are two sets of screw holes.  This is because Mars mechs sit at a different height than Coinco mechs.  If all of your replacement mechs are Coinco then you probably need to put the screws in the lower holes to give more clearance between the two coin return levers.

@AZVendor thanks for all your help! 
I have one last question. I’m looking to upgrade to a card reader. Is there a simple method to do so due to the fact of me having a 9pin cable?

That machine has to run MDB coin mechs for you to use a card reader which it doesn't.  You will have to put an aftermarket logic board in it to get MDB such as one from InOne Technology.

• 4 weeks later...

@AZVendor hey I have a quick question, I’m currently looking to buy a coin mechanism for my machine and I’m looking on eBay, do you know a good replacement I can order for my machine that won’t hurt my pockets ? And can I order a coinco 9340 to replace my current mc5000 without a harness or any extra work? And if you find any good replacements can you provide me a link to order please? 

Just get a Coinco 9300L or Mars TRC 6000 and you'll be fine.  The 9340 has an extra harness that was made to use a proprietary validator harness for a Coinco BA30B which you won't need.

110v is the prefered voltage so you don't confuse what 24v models to use.  The models I mentioned are both 110v.  If you insist on a 24v mech then use a Coinco 9302LF or a Mars 6010XV but you have to be careful that the 24v mech you get has only 15 pins in its socket.  The danger is that you might get a 12 pin 24v mech from someone that doesn't care what they send you and then you will damage the mech or the logic board.  That's why I recommend a 110v mech for simplicity.  

2 hours ago, AZVendor said:

@AZVendor could you approve of this replacement as compatible? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coinco-9300L-110V-12-Pin-Mars-MEI-TRC-6000-110V-12-Pin/224011643077?hash=item34282268c5:g:7H0AAOSwB4JevrzI And if not could you provide me with one on eBay you think is the best replacement? I really appreciate every @AZVendor you’ve literally saved my vending machine located and tons of money! Especially during this corona virus ! Thanks so much !

Edited by Leek2534
Error

@AZVendor could you approve of this replacement as compatible? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Coinco-9300L-110V-12-Pin-Mars-MEI-TRC-6000-110V-12-Pin/224011643077?hash=item34282268c5:g:7H0AAOSwB4JevrzI And if not could you provide me with one on eBay you think is the best replacement? I really appreciate every @AZVendor you’ve literally saved my vending machine located and tons of money! Especiallyduring this corona virus ! Thanks so much !

Call Vendtronics in Phoenix for a replacement.  While it might cost more than eBay you will avoid getting one that is sold as "rebuilt" but isn't really.  EBay is always a crapshoot of misleading postings and you cannot possibly get one rebuilt for $38.  

Edited by AZVendor