Hello, I'm from Ghana, Africa and I'm new to the vending business..

Gilbert

Hello everyone I'm already excited about being on this platform, I'm ready to get into the full line vending business and I was hoping if anyone could share some tips and advice on what machines I could get that would work in my region. Specifically machines that have bill validators for my currency and if I could import them all the way to Africa. Thanks..

Cool!  I am also just getting into this business, just got my first vendo vending machineits pretty old cant seem to find the model or serial number on it though.

On 4/24/2020 at 10:18 AM, Gilbert said:

Hello everyone I'm already excited about being on this platform, I'm ready to get into the full line vending business and I was hoping if anyone could share some tips and advice on what machines I could get that would work in my region. Specifically machines that have bill validators for my currency and if I could import them all the way to Africa. Thanks..

First we'd need to know what voltage is available - everything here in the States is 120v.  As for a bill validator for your currency, I suspect you'll need to consult a source in Europe - I think Spain has a couple.

12 minutes ago, moondog said:

First we'd need to know what voltage is available - everything here in the States is 120v.  As for a bill validator for your currency, I suspect you'll need to consult a source in Europe - I think Spain has a couple.

The voltage is 220-240v and will those bill validators work for machines made in the states?

1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

The voltage is 220-240v and will those bill validators work for machines made in the states?

You’ll likely want to look for European spec machines. Either euro brands built for the euro market or American built machines for the euro market. As for bill validator newer (within the last 20-30 years) machines run at 24v, and machines that use these have a transformer built in to take line voltage (110 or 220, which ever the machine was built for) and step it down to 24 to power the electronics. However most validators are not reprogrammable and must be built to a countries’ currency. However they are easily swapped so that shouldn’t be a factor in finding machines.

Are there any distributors of vending machines in Ghana? If so might be better to get that brand (assuming it isn’t Chinese) as that way you can get parts and support easier. It would suck to have to wait for parts to get shipped from the states or Europe and have your machine down for that long.

Edited by orsd

7 hours ago, orsd said:

You’ll likely want to look for European spec machines. Either euro brands built for the euro market or American built machines for the euro market. As for bill validator newer (within the last 20-30 years) machines run at 24v, and machines that use these have a transformer built in to take line voltage (110 or 220, which ever the machine was built for) and step it down to 24 to power the electronics. However most validators are not reprogrammable and must be built to a countries’ currency. However they are easily swapped so that shouldn’t be a factor in finding machines.

Are there any distributors of vending machines in Ghana? If so might be better to get that brand (assuming it isn’t Chinese) as that way you can get parts and support easier. It would suck to have to wait for parts to get shipped from the states or Europe and have your machine down for that long.

Thanks a lot for the clarification, and no there are no vending distributors in Ghana at the moment. I will try and research on such machines mentioned above.