Wire on older Bottle Drop

Good Morning All

I'm helping a perimeter company Firehouse with their older Dixie Narco Bottle Drop machine.
This is a two part question. I found a green and yellow wire connected to the compressor mount and not connected anywhere at the other end. The manual shows this part connected to the deck. Question #1, can I put a connection to the wire end and use a self tapping screw anywhere to the deck? 
The second part is the overload protector for the compressor makes a click sound about every 15 seconds when the machine is plugged in with an occasional spark. Is it best to order all three of the parts. Overload protector, current start relay with capacitor connections and a start capacitor or get a 3 in 1 I found online? Seems like the later is the direction of the industry. I’m speculating on that from my search.
If it doesn’t fix the issue, I’ll keep the part for one of my machines. If I need it I’ll have it. 
They told me the machine stopped getting cold. Obviously the compressor is the issue. 
I tried to attach a picture or the wire and model plate but it says only 2.84MB allowed is allowed. Whatever that means. It’s a Model 1600C-A

thank You for any help provided.

The green/yellow stripe wire is a ground. It can be attached to the base of the comprressor or the machine itself as long as it is metal. Secondly, i would try the 3 in 1 start kit first. Who knows--maybe the compressor is bad. You can always use a spare 3 in 1.  Just be sure to get one sized for compressor in the machine( 1/3, 1/2 or 3/4 hp)

It’s Properly connected to the compressor on the mount with the rubber boots at the bottom. That end looks correct. Can I use a tap screw and connect the other end anywhere on the compressor decking? Maybe near the model plate? Or is there somewhere else that’s better like the machine itself? I can add wire and an end to it if that’s better.

Dixie didn't actually attach ground wires to their compressor bases though Vendo did, unless it was on late model machines.  Sometimes they went from the fan motor to the base.  USI is also one I recall putting a ground on the base plate itself.

Is it even necessary? It doesn’t seem to be of any use. I put an end on it and screwed it to the deck. I plugged it in and it popped at the outlet and tripped the breaker. I’m thinking the compressor is frozen or something.

Unplug the compressor and then plug the machine in to confirm it.  Also, is this a 2054 model or later?  If 2054 then it's not worth repairing at all as the cooling system can't be removed completely and the shelves can't be updated.