Trying to Vend 16.9 OZ coke in a Royal RVCC-660-9 but it double vends.

You still have the package setting as Cans and it needs to be changed to Bottle for that selection in the programming.  Right now the chain only pulls the vend dog one time because it thinks you have the selection loaded with cans.  The chain needs to do a double pull for each vend so you need to program it for bottles and then it will do that.

Edited by AZVendor
  • Like 1

On 5/16/2020 at 3:42 PM, tismael56 said:

The Royal G3s  are my favorite machines so far. They vend 16.9 more reliably than any other machine I've used to vend them. What I love is basically no shims needed for cans, 16.9oz , or 20oz. Great machines

I like them as well. Couple of things. Large package settings will vend 20oz sodas, Gatorade, and 16.9 Coke style bottles. Small package settings for cans or 16.9 Pepsi style bottles. 16.9 Coke bottles are kind of a tweener and vend on either setting. Pepsi style are narrower and only vend on small. They also have a tendency to nose dive on the front rows if the stop rails aren't set correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a problem vending 16.9 Oz Sprite in this same machine.  The bottle gets hung up randomly about every third vend but it's not consistent.  The machine tested about 20 bottles without any issues while in the shop prior to delivery.  The problem started only after delivery.  The pins are set to 16/20 oz like all the other coke columns and the machine is level and not binding.  After it fails to vend it "sounds like" it's trying to vend again but is not successful.  It then displays sold out.  Any suggestions?  

Thanks in advance, Danny

4 hours ago, Drcpwen said:

I'm having a problem vending 16.9 Oz Sprite in this same machine.  The bottle gets hung up randomly about every third vend but it's not consistent.  The machine tested about 20 bottles without any issues while in the shop prior to delivery.  The problem started only after delivery.  The pins are set to 16/20 oz like all the other coke columns and the machine is level and not binding.  After it fails to vend it "sounds like" it's trying to vend again but is not successful.  It then displays sold out.  Any suggestions?  

Thanks in advance, Danny

When you tested it initially, was the column as full as it is now?  It's possible that the rotor thingies have some friction from syrup or something.  That's the best I can guess.  I had a similar problem a long time ago and I recall having to clean them I think...

On 6/1/2020 at 5:59 PM, Drcpwen said:

Thanks in advance, Danny

I vend 16.9 oz bottles in the can product stop settings in my 660s without problem.  Maybe you should try that rather than the 20 ounce bottle settings.