Dixie Narco 240/138-6 issues

Hi. I have issues with an old Dixie Narco Pepsi machine in my garage. Model DCNB 240/138-6 Worked ok for years, until recently.

1. When you plug it in, the coin acceptor Mars 6200 will continually make a noise .. like trying to reject a coin.... will go nuts like that for some time... then it will stop and work normally. Is it only something dirty and got stuck? AFAIK, I open it up and I dont see any coin stuck inside anywhere. Or is toast? I know i can rig the relay to free vend, but I like dropping 5c for a can.

2. As soon as you insert a coin it, machine will dispense right away whatever is in column 1. No free vend. If I put another coin, will dispense right away another can from 1st column. If I leave the column 1 empty, then all the other columns will only dispense when I make a selection. I look at the switches under the columns, I don't see anything stuck. And the button on front seems to be clicking/working.  I need some ideas.

Thanks

You either have a stuck motor switch on column 1 or you have a bad brake on that motor.  It would probably be best to replace the motor which will get you a new switch and motor with brake.  This could be causing the buzzing in your coin mech which might also be in the credit relay.  

Thanks AZVendor

I fudged around with it again today, took the front part out (the one that has a little spring on left, and a metal flap thing on right - sorry I dont know what is called ). Took all that out, cleaned with brake cleaner, put some silicone grease, put back everything and works. I also swapped switch stack from col 2 to 1 prior, and didn't fix anything. No idea if is fixed fixed or just because I moved things. But works for now :)

The Mars 6200 is still going nuts. It's like trying to eject coins all the time. I'll have to google some more, or try to find where I put my spare 6800 coin mech. It's in a "safe" place lol

To follow up on this, I found a spare 6800 coin validator that I had. Put it in. Great. Works with all the coins (new or older than 2000. The 6200 wouldn't take any coins from 2000 and on). When I swapped them, I saw the button to remove the 10c coins was kinda half way up. Probably I bumped it but not all the way. That's why it was trying to eject coins. User error. :) Put the switch all the way down and now the 6200 works again as normal. 

Speaking on the 6200, can it be upgraded to take all/any CAD coins? At the moment only takes older than year 2000 Canadian coins. Is it expensive to program it? Like I said before, is only vending in my garage, because I like the sound of 5c/can or bottle hehe