DN 5591

Hi all.  I may buy a DN 5591 for one of my warehouses.  I’ve read a few opinions that are both positive and negative but moSt were from a few years ago.  Is this machine worth getting today?  What kind of issues do they have?  What was the last year these were made?  What would a good price be? 
Thanks for the insight.

D30F0DCE-F1CC-4B41-B84E-B180A0346090.jpeg

C5F5EF8F-1895-44C1-B5D1-4926C47FF760.jpeg

It’s getting older but still fairly ok with the updated tall pushers.

However in a warehouse setting they invite issues. A big guy can body slam or rock the machine and get a drink to pop past the gates and fall.

Personally, I would get a Dixie 501E and call it a day.

• Like 1

I will never use another one of those.  I would get a stacker, specifically the 501E as orsd mentioned.  The 600E is pretty nice too, what with that extra capacity.  Talk your customer out of the variety of options the glass front has; let them know that most people want a Coke, or a Monster.... Squirt, Dr. Pepper etc.

High price would be $1000.  Good price would be $500.  Make sure the drop sensor works, and the firmware version will work with the latest card readers or Payrange.  I have had good luck with this machine.  The main complaint is that when it drops a soda, the can sprays in the customer's face since the can is shaken by the fall.  The customers learn to live with this feature after a while.

Thanks for the help.  The asking price on the 5591 is too high for what it’s probably worth.  Since I’m looking for a used machine I have to look around and see what is for sale locally. The DN 501e would probably be a good option but I don’t see any for sale near me.  I have come across another machine but I don’t know anything about it and am waiting for the seller to get details.  
I think it’s a Royal but don’t know the model or how old it is.  Again any info would be great.  

C277E9C4-5A24-4DC8-B52E-F0260F643ECD.jpeg

It's a Royal G3 chain drive with 12 columns front to back which requires space-to-sales setup.  Pretty complicated for a novice and then difficult to get labels for.  Keep looking.

47 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

It's a Royal G3 chain drive with 12 columns front to back which requires space-to-sales setup.  Pretty complicated for a novice and then difficult to get labels for.  Keep looking.

Thanks AZ. I was reading up on those and they did look to be more complicated with set up.    

If you can get it closer to the 500 range I think it’s a good machine. Someone could shake it and get free drinks and someone probably will. Get two metal flanges with two threaded pipes and end caps. Screw the flanges into the two top corners, screw the pipes with the caps to protect the wall. 6 inch pipes would keep someone from pushing the machine to close to the wall and the average idiot pushed the machine from front to back to start the rocking process. They quickly realize it’s not easy. As far as drinks spraying on customers. Put your “fizzy” drinks lower and your not fizzy drinks higher up. They don’t handle the 16.9 oz waters well at all. I just get the 20 oz Deer Park bottles. They work well. This machine is also indoor use only. If it’s close to the outside environment, the glass will get foggy and even wet on the outside. I don’t think a warehouse is to bad though. Personally, I like them. I’m not a professional. I think they’re easy to program, fill and use. Just my two cents.