DN 5591 Issue

Hello everyone!

This is my first post...a friend recommended this site. 

So I come into work today and we are having issues with the scrolling display. The machine still vends, but the screen is not displaying properly. I tried unplugging and that did not work. In fact, it actually gave me a different scroll (Pictures below). 

Full disclosure: I’m a super novice so forgive me if my terminology is incorrect. 

Before unplugging:

A7D3741C-2B5F-441B-8B42-928719536BE0.thumb.jpeg.2f5c0fa4c0854d452ad2b6906d294d7f.jpeg

After unplugging:

C002321B-1FB3-4975-A0AC-29A8C3471566.jpeg

F169CD8A-AC70-4D92-AAD4-5458A81B9455.jpeg

Edited by Nest68

If hitting the service mode button on the back of the display does not cause "Service Mode" to show up on the display, I would say the control board is probably bad.  However, if the machine is still taking money and vending, I guess it could just be a bad display that has become corrupt.  You are probably going to have to start by replacing one or the other of those parts.  If it vends and enters service mode, I would suggest the display first.  If it won't vend or enter service mode, replace the control board.

I've had this happen a couple of times.

Replacing the display board has always fixed it for me.

On more than 1 occasion the problem has cleared itself after changing display board, then re-installing the original, or multiple machine restarts with long power downs.

My theory is that the * 0 display is the display board stuck in it's test sequence

TEST MODE

DISPLAY TEST - Press key “D” Allows the service technician to check all segments of the LED display unit. Press the letter “D” on the keypad and the display will scroll “DISPLAY TEST”. Press and hold the “*” key and the display will alternate between all *’s and all “0.” with decimal points. Releasing the “*” key will return to “TEST MODE”.

Sorry for the late reply...it's been hectic here in Philly.

UPDATE:

So the day after I posted this question, everything magically went back to normal with no issues as of this reply.  I'll keep all of the suggestions in mind if/when it happens again.  Thanks for the help!