Looked on line and not sure what the advantages of 1 or the others are

DN 501E

DN 540

DN 600E

DN 276E

Would like to hear your thoughts 

I'm in Canada 

Ray

The number tells you how many cans the hold. E models will allow you to add cashless options and allow you to do multi price if you plan to add a product like energy drinks.  You can look at the dimensions online, the DN 600 is a monster, it’s y’all & heavy making it difficult to move. I try to stick with the dn501 because of the versatility in selection & product volume (can reduce the amount of times I have to fill it. 

• Like 1

The 276E, 501E, and 600E are all part of the same series. These machines are all very reliable and simple to use. The 276E is a narrow machine for tight spots. I only use these if space is an issues, as they don’t hold a lot. The 501E is one of my favorites, awesome machine. The 600E is a taller 501E. Holds more but absolutely suck to move, and are best for outdoor locations and warehouses, places you don’t have to go through doors to get to.

Please note that Dixie Narco also made P, T and no suffix machines. P series are absolutely trash. Don’t buy. T series are a bit older but still reliable machines. No suffix machines, if they have a metal serial tag and look old, and don’t have an LED display are single price. These are pretty old and don’t do bottles, and every item must be sold for the same price. Still, they are an ok starter machine. If it has no suffix, and a paper serial tag and an LED display then don’t buy it, it sucks, just like the P series. There was also an N machine, the flexpak. Really rare and really terrible. Many were bought back and crushed.

The 540 is a Vendo product. Still a good machine as well.

3 minutes ago, orsd said:

The 276E, 501E, and 600E are all part of the same series. These machines are all very reliable and simple to use. The 276E is a narrow machine for tight spots. I only use these if space is an issues, as they don’t hold a lot. The 501E is one of my favorites, awesome machine. The 600E is a taller 501E. Holds more but absolutely suck to move, and are best for outdoor locations and warehouses, places you don’t have to go through doors to get to.

Please note that Dixie Narco also made P, T and no suffix machines. P series are absolutely trash. Don’t buy. T series are a bit older but still reliable machines. No suffix machines, if they have a metal serial tag and look old, and don’t have an LED display are single price. These are pretty old and don’t do bottles, and every item must be sold for the same price. Still, they are an ok starter machine. If it has no suffix, and a paper serial tag and an LED display then don’t buy it, it sucks, just like the P series. There was also an N machine, the flexpak. Really rare and really terrible. Many were bought back and crushed.

The 540 is a Vendo product. Still a good machine as well.

I’ll disagree a bit in the older single price Dixie Narcos. They are reliable work horses. They will vend 16.9oz bottles & 20oz Ozarka bottles from my experience. If you are planning on setting everything to one price anyway then they are a cost effective solution.  There are ways to make them cashless, but you are better off buying a newer multi price machine. Location makes all the difference. I generally won’t put a multi price machine outside that will weather & potentially be vandalized. 

10 minutes ago, tc vending said:

I think you would be better off with a vendo 621/721. They are in my opinion the best machines we operate.

Sweet machines but hard to find used and fairly expensive when you do.

2 hours ago, orsd said:

Sweet machines but hard to find used and fairly expensive when you do.

They do cost more than a DN501e but they are far superior in my opinion. We still have 501e's cheaper and effective.

4 hours ago, tc vending said:

They do cost more than a DN501e but they are far superior in my opinion. We still have 501e's cheaper and effective.

To be honest, despite the many advantages that a 721 has over a 501E, I don't think it's that much better.  I don't know.  After almost 15 years in the industry, I feel like the 501e is the model that holds up the best out of all of the other models out there.

I agree with you Chris. I’ve spent way more time with weird problems on Vendos. Even simple things like the programming seem to vary by model. Dixies seem to be more consistent, simple to repair & go long periods of time before having to work on them.  

10 hours ago, orsd said:

Older Vendos can be slightly finicky. But the V21 series are awesome machines. And thankfully so, considering that they are the only stack vendor that is available new.

Can't get a royal?  I'm pretty sure you can get a USI stack machine

• Like 1

Where are they located at now and what is their business plan?  Has anyone been to their facility to see what they are doing now?  Only parts and tech support?  Kind of impossible to only do that for one brand of machine and still have a profitable business.

18 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Where are they located at now and what is their business plan?  Has anyone been to their facility to see what they are doing now?  Only parts and tech support?  Kind of impossible to only do that for one brand of machine and still have a profitable business.

Mountain View, MO.

I believe they are focusing on parts and refurbishing. With the number of GIIIs Coke has, they’ll probably have plenty of business going forward.

On 5/28/2020 at 10:46 PM, orsd said:

Older Vendos can be slightly finicky. But the V21 series are awesome machines. And thankfully so, considering that they are the only stack vendor that is available new.

AMS recently introduced a stack vendor in their line, but I have not seen any in use yet.... cabinet photos look a lot like the royal (since those companies are cousins that's not a surprise)