Looking to purchase a bulk vending route - thoughts?

Amgatm

Hey everyone, I’m knew here. I currently operate a portfolio of 64 ATM. I’ve come across a nice gentlemen selling off a part of his bulk vending business. He has about 120 locations with 3 head unit bulk candy. The route I it generates about $2,000 a month. He’s asking around $14,000 for the route. That seams like very little coin for all those locations. 

My question... is it worth it?

Mediocre locations in terms of monthly earnings. Not that there is much money in bulk candy. Honestly, it’s dying a slow death, and with COVID I would expect to lose a bunch of those locations due to closures and disease concerns.

If I were you I would talk to my existing ATM locations about putting toy racks or better yet crane machines.

7 hours ago, Amgatm said:

Hey everyone, I’m knew here. I currently operate a portfolio of 64 ATM. I’ve come across a nice gentlemen selling off a part of his bulk vending business. He has about 120 locations with 3 head unit bulk candy. The route I it generates about $2,000 a month. He’s asking around $14,000 for the route. That seams like very little coin for all those locations. 

My question... is it worth it?

$14,000.00 is way too high. These days it is ill advised to buy a bulk vending route based on sales because locations are just too transient. Value the route based on the asset only and if the guy won't do it then move on and let another sucker buy it.

15 hours ago, orsd said:

Mediocre locations in terms of monthly earnings. Not that there is much money in bulk candy. Honestly, it’s dying a slow death, and with COVID I would expect to lose a bunch of those locations due to closures and disease concerns.

If I were you I would talk to my existing ATM locations about putting toy racks or better yet crane machines.

I had the same concern. And it minuscule revenue per location compared to my atm accounts. When you say better yet crane machines... Ive never looked into crane machines. Do they do that well?

9 hours ago, gumball guy said:

$14,000.00 is way too high. These days it is ill advised to buy a bulk vending route based on sales because locations are just too transient. Value the route based on the asset only and if the guy won't do it then move on and let another sucker buy it.

Thank you for the reply! Great advice. Ive decided to pass.