Dixie DN 360/210 issues

My coke machine is not working after moving it.  It is a Dixie 360/210-6 single price.  It has the red/white cam motors.  When I enter $1 it gives correct change of $.50 but then immediately kicks out column 3 and vends.  This happens even when I empty column 3 and have product in the others.  I noticed the spring was missing from the brake on column three and it was not returning to home but I've replaced the spring and cleaned up the cam motor and made sure I have current hitting my switches.  The switch returns to home now after vending but column 3 kicks on as soon as I get a credit from a dollar.  I've removed the door switch selection for #3 and get the same result.  I've also moved the motor relay switch to column 4 but get the same issue with column 3 kicking on. 

Now when I moved the whole column 3 wire harness to column 2 my issue moved to column 2.  Where do I look now?

Replace the motor on column 3.  It has a bad brake and is probably not actually stopping in the home position.  Your spring may not be correct for that motor - there were different springs on different style motors.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve changed out the motor and still get the same issue.  I also have a ground short that I can’t find. I keep kicking the gfi. Could my ground be related to only column 3 vending?

Check that the motor cover hasn't cut any wires underneath the motor stack.  The bottom edge of the cover is to slide under the screw there and then under the bottom lip of the stack.  Many people pay no attention to where the bottom of the cover is going and it can ride up inside to lip of the stack where the wiring bundle runs horizontally.  This can cut a wire and ground against the motor cover.  If that's not it then unplug the compressor, disconnect the barrel plug to the left of the condenser (door power), unplug the coin mech and validator.  Then plug the machine in and introduce each 110v circuit in the same order I just listed.  If any of them cause the GFI to trip you know where the cause is.  If it trips with all of those things unplugged then check for a smashed power cord, a missing ground pin in that cord plug, 

It trips when I plug the barrel plug back in.  Does this only eliminate the fridge and mean my short can be anywhere in the door, switches and motors?  How would you track it from here?

Something in the door as that is what the barrel plug powers.  This can also be in the motors as the door harness connects to them.  Unplug your light ballast unless both lights work as the light circuit is a common cause of this.

I've unplugged the light and still get the short.  My column 3 still kicks on when I add a credit.  It's immediate because I don't even hear the credit.  Could my short be one of the wires for column 3 that is always stuck in NO?

Follow those wires all the way back through the harnesses to the relay and look for a damaged wire.  You can also look at the wires going into the credit relay and the coin mech plug to see if any are loose and maybe grounding out.  Also look at the selection panel for any shorted wires.  Have you unplugged the coin mech and validator to see if the short disappears?