Crane 497 Snack not working right

I have a Crane 497 that has only one selection that will not work right.  E5 says to choose another selection when pressed after putting money in.  It just doesn't do anything.

However, then I test the motor it works just fine.  Connections on the back of the tray seem good (thus it works during testing), but it will not vend when the correct amount or more of money is inserted and credited to the machine.  Every other selection in the machine works just fine.

What could cause this on just one selection??

• 4 weeks later...

I've been playing with this machine.  It's still on location and I still can't get that one selection to work with money.  It still works in test mode, but no one can buy anything from that one selection.

Does it display the correct price when selected with no credit? Guessing this is a soda selection if its a 497 combo? If so, I saw one do that once because the motor was coupled, think I found it in the FIFO MTRS menu. Otherwise, possible sold-out wiring or switch may be bad - if all else fails, you could try clearing the ram but beware, you will need to reprogram nearly everything in the programming menu, so note all your settings beforehand....

21 hours ago, davendor said:

Does it display the correct price when selected with no credit? Guessing this is a soda selection if its a 497 combo? If so, I saw one do that once because the motor was coupled, think I found it in the FIFO MTRS menu. Otherwise, possible sold-out wiring or switch may be bad - if all else fails, you could try clearing the ram but beware, you will need to reprogram nearly everything in the programming menu, so note all your settings beforehand....

It does display the correct amount when pressed.  It is not a soda machine, snack only.  How would the motor have coupled suddenly?  It was working fine until a few weeks ago when it just started not working.  I don't know of any sold out switch and any of the selections, where would that be.  I test other empty selections with money and they work fine.

I don't think I want to mess with the programming just yet, just sounds like too much of a hassle for one selection.

Have you tried swapping the motor with one that is working fine?  Try that and if it works in the problem location then that first motor is bad.  If the second motor also doesn't work and the first motor works in the second selection then both motors are fine.  In that case you probably have a bad connection on the shelf to the tray mount connector or a bad tray mount connector PN 1596012.

11 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Have you tried swapping the motor with one that is working fine?  Try that and if it works in the problem location then that first motor is bad.  If the second motor also doesn't work and the first motor works in the second selection then both motors are fine.  In that case you probably have a bad connection on the shelf to the tray mount connector or a bad tray mount connector PN 1596012.

I’ll try that.