How long before I can take machines?

Currently at my new location the former vendor still has his machines there after as far as Ive been told by the boss man that they've have contacted him to come pick up his machines for about 3 weeks. He had a drink and snack machine there but the before I took the account over the drink machine hasn't been stocked since like beginning of March maybe even earlier. The snack machine was stocked like 1st of May but drink machine never got stocked and so I got the account. My question now is just how long do I or should I wait for to try and get this guy to pick them up. Seems like if he's not quick to fill up a drink machine in the middle of summer for a hot open warehouse I'm not expecting a quick pick up to get his machines. The reason I ask too is because to get his snack machine out of being next to mine (it is Un plugged but take up a lot of room) is to get it out of the break room you have to open the door and swing it out. So I'd need to open the door to get it out and obviously can't do that without a key 

Just curious on what to do on this. 

Very interesting. We had same thing happen at 3 different accounts here in town.  The old vendor just stopped servicing the accounts altogether and Will not return phone calls to the facility owners. Now  facility owners are asking ask if we can remove the equipment

It's really not your problem, I know you want to make the location feel good by solving their problem, but they had the relationship with the prior vendor, not you.  And they are NOT your machines.  If you want to be nice and help the location move them into storage that's a maybe; but removing them from the property or having anything to do with the removal is theft.  Period, full stop.  Suddenly the vendor reappears and decides to prosecute, and YOU get to go to jail for a couple junk machines?  Naw.

No telling what happened to the old vendor.  May be sick, may have passed; I had a similar situation where the vendor was in jail for a while... I have sometimes tracked them down and made arrangements to buy the machines when they were worth having, but usually it's not equipment I would want. 

14 minutes ago, Southeast Treats said:

It's really not your problem, I know you want to make the location feel good by solving their problem, but they had the relationship with the prior vendor, not you.  And they are NOT your machines.  If you want to be nice and help the location move them into storage that's a maybe; but removing them from the property or having anything to do with the removal is theft.  Period, full stop.  Suddenly the vendor reappears and decides to prosecute, and YOU get to go to jail for a couple junk machines?  Naw.

No telling what happened to the old vendor.  May be sick, may have passed; I had a similar situation where the vendor was in jail for a while... I have sometimes tracked them down and made arrangements to buy the machines when they were worth having, but usually it's not equipment I would want. 

They've got an ams 39 and a Dixie narco drink machine that they left. Which I'd totally buy at a good price if offered to. 

Edited by kyle0050

I’ve had this happen on several locations but you have to be careful and protect yourself, the location and mover if you use a mover ,by knowing your states law on this first and foremost. 
  If allowed by law then I’d have the location sign a release stating that the machines have been abandoned and for what amount of time and that they are requesting you to move the machines and stating that they’ve tried contacting the vendor, I’d also get the contact information for the vendor from the location & try contacting him myself, if you don’t know the vendor he’s probably known by other vendors or suppliers. 
  After you’ve gotten a release then do what’s necessary to move the machines. 

In my case I have to keep the machines in storage for 6 months but if within that time the vendor shows up and wants his machines he’s got to pay the moving and storage fee for that time period. 
  The main thing is that you have to cover yourself, be sure to get a written statement because anyone can say that they’ll back you but you don’t know that if something comes up , will they still be employed there ? 
  Chances are you won’t have any issues but cover yourself ! 

• 2 weeks later...

Slippery slope.

Document everything.  Call dates, TImes, Frequency of calls. voicemail message.....

Maybe you work out with the location to allow you to put your machines in a different place inside the building until the old vendors machines are out.