Selling machines advice

mbajohn1990

I want to sell a 6 month old dual head rhino classic machine because they are difficult to carry compared to the triple shop machines.  I paid $190 for it including shipping.  Is there any hope of recouping the majority of the cost?  I have a craigslist post, but after a week I have not received a single inquiry.  I am hoping to not have to use it anymore but i suppose a thick pair of gloves would help in a pinch 

Nope.

No one really wants import machines like the rhino. They are of fairly low quality.

I just sent an SSF double to a local auction for like 60 bucks for it. Which is a bit higher than what they go for on Craigslist.

The only other thing you can try is sell it one head at a time on eBay.

2 hours ago, mbajohn1990 said:

I want to sell a 6 month old dual head rhino classic machine because they are difficult to carry compared to the triple shop machines.  I paid $190 for it including shipping.  Is there any hope of recouping the majority of the cost?  I have a craigslist post, but after a week I have not received a single inquiry.  I am hoping to not have to use it anymore but i suppose a thick pair of gloves would help in a pinch 

The price could be the issue with the slow Craigslist ad. How much are you asking for it? If it is in great shape ask $100.00 to $125.00 OBO to start. If you don't get any action on it after a month move the price down incrementally. Also put it on multiple selling sites like Offer Up or Letgo because the more exposure the quicker you will sell it. Make sure you are adding alot of key words to your Craigslist ad such as candy, gumball, bubble gum, snack, vending, quarter etc... so it will come up different searches.

I guess I'm not quite understanding how a double is harder to handle then a triple. You can always use a hand truck (two wheeler) but you need to securely strap the machine to it.  

53 minutes ago, gumball guy said:

The price could be the issue with the slow Craigslist ad. How much are you asking for it? If it is in great shape ask $100.00 to $125.00 OBO to start. If you don't get any action on it after a month move the price down incrementally. Also put it on multiple selling sites like Offer Up or Letgo because the more exposure the quicker you will sell it. Make sure you are adding alot of key words to your Craigslist ad such as candy, gumball, bubble gum, snack, vending, quarter etc... so it will come up different searches.

I guess I'm not quite understanding how a double is harder to handle then a triple. You can always use a hand truck (two wheeler) but you need to securely strap the machine to it.  

Thank you for the advise.  I will move the price down in the next week or so and add in some key words to the post.  

The rhino machines have a lot of creases and some sharp metal screws on the bottom.  I usually scratch up my hands moving them.  I will likely pick up a pair of work gloves if I can't get the right buyer, I would hate to write off a $100 loss.

5 hours ago, mbajohn1990 said:

Thank you for the advise.  I will move the price down in the next week or so and add in some key words to the post.  

The rhino machines have a lot of creases and some sharp metal screws on the bottom.  I usually scratch up my hands moving them.  I will likely pick up a pair of work gloves if I can't get the right buyer, I would hate to write off a $100 loss.

Just get some sandpaper or something.

On 6/27/2020 at 3:31 PM, orsd said:

Nope.

No one really wants import machines like the rhino. They are of fairly low quality.

I just sent an SSF double to a local auction for like 60 bucks for it. Which is a bit higher than what they go for on Craigslist.

The only other thing you can try is sell it one head at a time on eBay.

the rhino pro is the only machine i’ve bought. i think it’s rather sexy looking andhas given me no problems in the year plus i’ve had them out. 

A91EB23F-F60E-4619-9D10-AD54317611FA.jpeg

BB77DEF0-5026-4E13-BC88-558F31E294F0.jpeg

Edited by jay22

12 hours ago, orsd said:

While the Rhinos work good for now they don’t hold up in the long run.

Put it this way, there are Oaks and Beavers out there literally older than me, still working and making money.

so have you personally used rhino pros that have failed you? what were the issues?