Vendo 721 Credit Card Reader not able to vend

So I have a Vendo 721 soda machine that I am trying to get a Parlevel Nayax card reader working in but so far no go.

The card reader takes the money no problem and the machine gives credit but freezes saying you have $5 credit but will not vend anything and the only way I have been able to clear it is to unplug the system.  I called Parlevel and after being on the phone for hours they say it is not their system.  The soda machine is communicating with the card reader as it shows how many coins and cash it thinks it has (in the Parlevel system) as well as the Vendo shows you have credit after the transaction clears.  It is not just a one off either as the system can vend from cash or coins no problem, but as soon as you run a credit card it just freezes up showing $5 credit.

I was told by Parlevel that my Eprom might need to be updated, below is a picture of my board and eprom.

I called Vendo and their parts department said they no longer support the Vendo 721 and the Vendo guy laughed at me saying these things are so old just buy a new system...

As stated earlier this machine works great, I just need it to work with my credit card system.

I sent Parlevel my pictures and they said I had it set up right.

If it is the Eprom where do I go to get the download?

I have not factory reset the system yet, would that do the trick?

I need some help guys, please and thank you!

KakaoTalk_20200625_124314236_01.jpg

KakaoTalk_20200625_124314236_02.jpg

On 6/27/2020 at 5:22 PM, orsd said:

Are you sure you said the right model number to Vendo? The Vendo 721 is a current production machine. Even the 720, while out of production, should still have some support.

I gave the parts guy at vendo the serial number off of my machine.   I don't know if he was having a bad day and just took it out on me or what.  I will call again and see what happens.

On 6/27/2020 at 5:24 PM, tc vending said:

I like the Vendo 721 they are still being made by vendo. You need to update the eprom with the latest version.

I like the Vendo 721 too.  How do I do that?  What is the latest version?

Thank you for your reply and help!

I use a chip puller tool to left the chip up and put a new one in the vendo it is very easy to change. Your machines is a 12.4 board with rv16 its probably out of date. Call a vendo distributor to ask for them to send you latest eprom version for a 12.4 chip and chip puller. A Vendo 721 has a white tag at the bottom of the machine with model, serial number, and date of manufacturing. I don't put out g10s without checking the eprom of the unit first saves trouble on location.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

The latest firmware for the 12.4 (Chameleon Door) Vendo is Rev 44.  That one is a little older.  The V21 series has been in production since approx 2002 and technology in readers/telemetry has come a long way since then spurring the need for updated firmware in the machines.  Aside from those minor things, I think everyone can agree that the 721 is a workhorse.

4 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

The latest firmware for the 12.4 (Chameleon Door) Vendo is Rev 44.  That one is a little older.  The V21 series has been in production since approx 2002 and technology in readers/telemetry has come a long way since then spurring the need for updated firmware in the machines.  Aside from those minor things, I think everyone can agree that the 721 is a workhorse.

It’s also the only horse available new.

57 minutes ago, Vendo Mike said:

There are a couple others out there.

Which ones? Dixie/Crane pulled out of the stack vendor market a few years ago. Royal is no longer producing new equipment.

I recently saw an ams in person.  It looked very similar to a 721 but I believe a 721 is superior.  It seemed as though a721 can be converted from cans to bottles faster than the AMS from what I saw

The USI machines I have are easy to operate.  Changing from cans to bottles is a matter of pressing a few buttons.  The instructions are easy.  Hardly ever have to fix one, but when I do it's really easy to do.  Changing motors is easy.  I've even changed out the refer in one and it was easy enough.

V21 series changes from bottle to can (or vice versa) by moving the product step, setting the back spacer and setting column depth in the programming.  No shims needed for 12 oz or 16 oz cans or 20 oz bottles.  There are shim kits available for 16.9 oz packages as well as RedBull and slim cans like kickstart.

On 7/27/2020 at 2:15 PM, Vendo Mike said:

Where do we get latest Eprom for vendo 721s and how do we change it. Thanks for your help.

800-344-7216 is customer service. Follow prompts for parts.  1188895-44 should be the part number for the eprom.  Use a chip puller (worth every dime) or dental pic but BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO CRACK THE SOCKET.  The socket the eprom sits in has access areas on opposite corners which leaves the socket wall thin.  If you pry against those thin areas too hard, it will crack the socket and could render your board useless or lose certain functions attached to any pins not making contact.  Some distributors / repair techs are happy to help with this but it's definitely something good to know.  Take note of the corners of the eprom as well as the small indention on the chip.  These will make sure you orient the chip in the proper direction.  

Extraction Tool,  ESD,  4 In.3M Electronic Solutions Division 8432-11B1-RK-TP

• Like 1

Guys what makes me mad is my mei 7512 had the tube jam  which the 7512 takes care of. The vendo 821 diagnosis the changer jam and puts up an error up but unlike ever other machine it shuts down the entire machine. Seen this in several machines it makes me mad every time. Only solution I got do not put mei 7512 in vendo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tc vending said:

Guys what makes me mad is my mei 7512 had the tube jam  which the 7512 takes care of. The vendo 821 diagnosis the changer jam and puts up an error up but unlike ever other machine it shuts down the entire machine. Seen this in several machines it makes me mad every time. Only solution I got do not put mei 7512 in vendo.

I have had this happen also except it also happened with a 9302-gx.  The solution was a good 7512 like you said.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

I have had this happen also except it also happened with a 9302-gx.  The solution was a good 7512 like you said.

9302-GX has been my replacement for 7512s. This is the one of the stupidest problems in all of my machines.

1 hour ago, tc vending said:

9302-GX has been my replacement for 7512s. This is the one of the stupidest problems in all of my machines.

I told one distributor about it and he said he knew about some funny issue but not that one.  I told a different distributor and he flat out said he'd never heard of that.  So now I feel awkward bringing it up lol

I talked to my distributor, vendo, and vendo representative no one knew what I was talking about. It's a real problem cuz it shut down a perfectly profitable machine to nothing.