Vendo 721 Credit Card Reader not able to vend

18 hours ago, tc vending said:

Guys what makes me mad is my mei 7512 had the tube jam  which the 7512 takes care of. The vendo 821 diagnosis the changer jam and puts up an error up but unlike ever other machine it shuts down the entire machine. Seen this in several machines it makes me mad every time. Only solution I got do not put mei 7512 in vendo.

7512i is a great coin mech and is the most popular one used by bottlers in all V21.  Coin jam errors will shut down the mdb enable because it doens't want to accept money that it can't pay change on.   I didn't think it was only in Vendo equipment as I saw that same issue in the Royal and Dixie boards I used to work on.  For Vendo, Go into diagnostics and clear the error and run your coin payout for the jammed tube and you should be done.  

14 hours ago, tc vending said:

I talked to my distributor, vendo, and vendo representative no one knew what I was talking about. It's a real problem cuz it shut down a perfectly profitable machine to nothing.

I'd be interested to know what distributor and which Vendo rep you spoke with.  Maybe we can work backwards from there to find a solution.  If you can share your equipment serial number and what payment systems you have, I can do a little research.  It may be an issue that was programmed out of later models.

5 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

7512i is a great coin mech and is the most popular one used by bottlers in all V21.  Coin jam errors will shut down the mdb enable because it doens't want to accept money that it can't pay change on.   I didn't think it was only in Vendo equipment as I saw that same issue in the Royal and Dixie boards I used to work on.  For Vendo, Go into diagnostics and clear the error and run your coin payout for the jammed tube and you should be done.  

The issue (for me) was that the entire machine was out of order.  You can't even use cards when it happens.  It's not an exact change situation but, rather, everything gets disabled until you clear the error.  Even if the mech has a jammed quarter tube but the other 4 tubes are fine, every monetary device is still disabled.

7 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

Vendo puts my entire machine out of order over this bs that is what I don't like. Royal and Dixie Narco keep on running with this issue same can be said for AMS, USI, and AP because they all let the 7512 mei deal with the issue. I am aware of how to reset a vendo and mei 7512.

7 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

I'd be interested to know what distributor and which Vendo rep you spoke with.  Maybe we can work backwards from there to find a solution.  If you can share your equipment serial number and what payment systems you have, I can do a little research.  It may be an issue that was programmed out of later models.

The  first machine I saw this on was a trade black vendo 721 that was under a year old the last was made in 2005. The 721 was running MEI 2700, MEI 7512, and USA tech g10. The distributor are great people and the vendo representative sent my problem up the food chain he has always been very helpful. Vendo v21 is a great machine overall but this is a weird problem.

On 7/31/2020 at 8:09 PM, tc vending said:

The  first machine I saw this on was a trade black vendo 721 that was under a year old the last was made in 2005. The 721 was running MEI 2700, MEI 7512, and USA tech g10. The distributor are great people and the vendo representative sent my problem up the food chain he has always been very helpful. Vendo v21 is a great machine overall but this is a weird problem.

That is going back a good bit.  I have reached out to engineering to see if it's something we've addressed in later firmware revisions. 

Hello again.  I spoke with our software engineer and he is going to look into it.  He seemed to be taking the frame of mind of protecting the end customer who might get shorted a quarter if a machine is enabled while any payouts are jammed. I explained to him that the operators are our customers and that you'd rather have a machine stay enabled and vending even if a payout is jammed.  You prefer to reconcile any short change issues from customers during your scheduled visits rather than a machine being down for days due to a jammed nickle tube or having to visit a machine on an off day to clear a jam and reset the machine.  He is looking into it.  Should a firmware update happen, it would require an eprom update for any equipment already in the field. 

2 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

Hello again.  I spoke with our software engineer and he is going to look into it.  He seemed to be taking the frame of mind of protecting the end customer who might get shorted a quarter if a machine is enabled while any payouts are jammed. I explained to him that the operators are our customers and that you'd rather have a machine stay enabled and vending even if a payout is jammed.  You prefer to reconcile any short change issues from customers during your scheduled visits rather than a machine being down for days due to a jammed nickle tube or having to visit a machine on an off day to clear a jam and reset the machine.  He is looking into it.  Should a firmware update happen, it would require an eprom update for any equipment already in the field. 

Sounds like it’s time to add some options

1. Vend normally regardless of changer status.

2. Go into exact change only mode for a jammed tube. This disables the validator unless prices are dollar increments. The card reader works normally.

Edited by orsd