MEI Talos

Just installed 2 brand new MEI Talos 4in1s with Eport GS10s. Both have problems, one will not read any bills or cards. Ended up replacing it with an older model 4in1. The other reads bills, but declines all credit cards. I don't know if anyone else has used them but they are horrible. Instead of setting up with 8 dip switches, you have to bluetooth in to them. You are supposed to be able to push a learn button under the bill box, then feed a $1 or $5, etc and it will learn the bill. That does not work. You can download the Simplifi bluetooth app, but there is no option to register, so you can't login to use the app.

Thanks CRANE for turning something simple and reliable into herding cats.

Any assistance is appreciated.

The Talos works fine as a stand alone bill acceptor. I've had 80 of them in high volume locations for 9 months now without a single service call. Any time you try to do more than one function with a piece of hardware something will go wrong. That new changer is a piece of work though. 

Crane sent me some tech support docs (I will post into downloads).  The only change to the 4 in 1 bezel is a slightly different mounting plate; since the 4 in 1 bezel does not connect into the validator but directly to the telemeter any card issues are separate from the validator, as before.  And programming can also be done with a scan card which is supposed to come with the new unit.  If you picked these up used you may have to get some blank scan cards from crane.