A Steal Of a Deal?

Hello everybody, I came across a vending machine for sale online. They are asking for ~$300 for the machine in the picture attached. This is a glassfront and it appears to be the Crane 3800 bottle machine which go for $6500 brand new! It was refurbished by a well known vending refurbishing company in 2015 (Eastern Commercial). I dont have any experience with glassfronts but want to buy this because its looks could benefit me in landing an account. I was able to contact her within 6 minutes of posting (~30 mins ago) and just set up a meeting to go see it tomorrow.What are your thoughts/advice? What things should I check while im there other than led display, coin mech and bill validator? Thanks in advance!

LINK: 

I don’t care what is wrong with it, as long as it isn’t stripped, been dropped, or is stolen, I’ll take them for 300 all day everyday. If it were me I would make sure of those three things and just pay her. Literally no way to lose, you could part it out and make your money back.

Especially a 3800, those are rare. You could probably sell this for 2k after cleaning and making sure it works.

One thing is what series it is. -3 and no suffix machines (“-2”) are less desirable, but can be updated to -4 with 1k in parts. But even if it wasn’t -4 I would still buy it. You could resell a non -4 3800 for a probably double or triple the asking price. A -4 in good shape is easily worth 2k-3k, and would be a smoking deal.

Edited by orsd

It is being sold by a lady on behalf of her pool club. She says that a previous club member bought it for the pool to sell sodas but has since parents away. They are lloking get a drink machine to sell sodas outside and she says this one can't be outside. I'm tempted to sell her one of my machines in a terrible location, a spare dn501e with The veryfine front. Either way, I'll post an update.

By the way, does this machine have a space for a cc reader?

Yes, i just meet up with the club member and checked out the machine. There is no indication that this is another vendor's machine. There were two other members that showed up and confirmed that the swim club owned the machine but wanted an outside machine and were tired of fiddling with this one. They had the key and there was no label inside with any vendor's info. So i had them sign a bill of sale and got it for $250! Its a dn3800-4! Going to pick it up later today.

Edited by tismael56
Additional details

Lol, i just got back from picking it up with my brother (its almost midnight) and safe in my storage. I agree this was basically a steal. On top of that, the club also wants to buy an outdoor machine so I told them I had a DN501e to sell them and it seems their interested. Might charge them $750 for machine and installation. Thanks for the help this far guys!

I am curious about the programming however. I fiddled with the machine for a couple minutes with the manual on my phone but although it said to use 2 and 3 to move through menu, I couldn't do that so I couldnt follow the manual. I got it to test vend then tried to vend again but the led display went blank and didn't turn on again. I just fiddled with it for like 3 minutes so I might just have to read the manual better. Can anyone guide me on how to navigate the basic functions of the programming mode and best things to know about maintaining these newer machines? Thanks

You have 2 choices for the card reader, you can buy a replacement upper panel with the second knockout from crane, or you can use a 4 in 1 bezel on an mei validator.  I don't think the panel is too expensive, basically just molded plastic, but I prefer the 4 in 1 bezel myself.