Give things away

Grandma's cookie here, a bag of Doritos there..... or make a grand gesture, every one of the 6 or 8 or 10 people in the lunch room get a free Coke.  Not every day, not every time, but not just limited to decision makers and upper staff.  I can't speak for everyone's personal situation, but I am definitely known by most of the workers in the places I go to, and a little goes a long way.  Also, if your 'contact' asks for a 'refund bank', be generous with it.  I like to make a show of it;  get them to bring their cup or plastic bag or whatever else container and pour the money from the coin box into it.  It looks like a lot, but it's probably only 20 or 30 dollars.  I pay zero commission these days, and 20 or 30 dollars this way a couple of times a year is a drop in the bucket, but it sure does look good.  And don't forget security, they've got your back.  A simple "hey this is extra, do you want it?" goes miles toward them being on 'your side'.  Better yet, give them a coupon, if you use those.  I see the same faces all the time, and I'm probably giving away about 5 bucks or less a week in profit, but it is remembered.  You want the vending machine experience to be a positive one.  You want people to know you like them, and appreciate them.  Seize an opportunity;  the cleaning lady who always happens to be mopping the floor while you're there?  Make friends, and 'buy' her a Coke.  It's amazing how much people like to get something for free.  The random guy or gal who you see often; might just be your decision maker later on, or better yet, move on to another company and remember you as the 'cool guy', or gal, and recommend your services.  I've had it happen.  Treat your customers like friends.  I'm a small time operator that has somehow managed to survive, and thrive,  by using these techniques.  But I have to bend down and fill case after case after case after case after case ........

• Like 1