snakshop 4000-4600

david310

i have the 4600 snakshop and it stop taking change and bills. you put change in and it just comes right out the changer. 

all prices are set in memery. there are not lose or jamed coins between the bords. all conections are good. 

some times it will take a $1 bill but will not display the credit. 

It might be jammed coins in the coin mech and do you have more than 12 coins in each coin tube?  Those machines never had factory bill acceptors so the bill validator is completely dependent on the coin mech.  What interface do you have between the bill acceptor and the machine?  That could also be a problem.

the coin mech is not jammed and is 3/4 full. i don t think there is anything wrong with the bill validator. i dont know how to teast the coin mech so i have order a new coin mech and i will see if thats the problem once it comes in. 

Here is the manual: https://www.dsvendinginc.com/images/vending-machine-manuals/automatic-products-rmi/model-4000-snackshop-parts-manual.pdf

Page 9 talks about the mode switch box which also contains the door Operate switch.  This box has coin payout switches that you can test the coin mech payouts with.  If those work and if the LED next to the Operate button comes on and stays on after you press it and then the coin mech won't accept coins you should replace the coin mech.  The coin mech won't accept any coins if the operate light isn't on.  Many times when a bill acceptor is installed it messes with the mounting location of the mode box.  The operate button is supposed by be pressed by a metal tab on the door when the door is closed.  If that doesn't happen then the machine stays in the service mode and doesn't work.