Getting my products into capsules

Samantha

Hey all -

I wanted to introduce myself and possibly network and connect with others here!

My name is Samantha Gottlich and I love vending machines and the industry. My love for that childhood nostalgia vending machines has led me to running my own accessory business inspired by vending machine capsules and toys! I make handmade earrings, necklaces, and keychains out of “vintage” toys you would Find in the machines. I also make hand painted BUTTONS & pins - aka mini wearable canvases!!

I’ve been in business for 3 years and have my accessories in a 3 stores, a traveling pop up & online shop. I now run my business full time. 

My business is known as NROR ART - NO RHYME OR REASON ART! 

I was wondering if there are any people who may be interested in connecting. I have seen vending machines with art, jewelry, and original work. 

I would love to connect with someone who would possibly be interested in/ or already has a capsule or vending machine with art or jewelry in it. I think my earrings would be a profitable and successful item for machines. I’ve seen similar items in Art-O-Matics, bars, and areas that attract nightlife. 

I would love to chat with anyone who’s interested in my idea. 

If anyone has any photos of the sticker machine, please let me know. 

Photos attached below are examples of my whacky and fun earrings and buttons. 

Please feel free to comment, message me or send my info along. I believe combining my eccentric and nostalgic wearable art and vending machines would lead to a huge success for both parties

Samantha Gottlich
NO RHYME OR REASON ART
nrorart@gmail.com
Nrorart.com 
Depop.com/nrorart

3CFBF367-6038-4A0B-847C-0EE113DEE0EF.jpeg

113E7D03-425C-4942-9E56-3A7746F1BDF4.jpeg

93533F85-BD4A-457A-9F85-8E3FDF6E58CC.jpeg

9A6CF5BF-4F96-4314-9D03-7209D7FD97BA.jpeg

F2871C7E-DE9E-46F2-BCD3-68EECE6DFA18.jpeg

74E8AD26-19A5-4C49-B901-FC32F9053FCE.jpeg

43C47632-84CF-415F-BB08-399FD7B72683.jpeg

Welcome.

While it looks like you have a unique and interesting product, it may not fit into existing vending business models.

For toy capsules, the one thing that is important above all else is price. There is no point stocking an unprofitable item no matter how good it is and how well it sells.

I am assuming the cost of these is well over 35c each (wholesale). That is the absolute ceiling for bulk vending here in the states, as the max bulk vend price is typically 1.00. If the cogs are more than 30 percent it becomes an unprofitable item. In addition, electronic bulk vendors that take bills or credit cards are fairly rare.

You may have better luck in Canada. The prevalence of dollar and two dollar coins there makes higher vend prices feasible. 2 or 4 dollar vends are not unheard of.