T-002 keys always breaking

John white

2 minutes ago, John white said:

Where can I buy good keys?

Try seeing if a locksmith can help you. The only factory keys made will be the same as the ones you have.

However my point about not abusing them still stands. If you get better keys you’ll just start breaking locks.

2 minutes ago, John white said:

Ok ..thanks my friend...but sometimes the locks get all full of dirt and rust witch makes it hard to turn..but point well taken my friend

Are your machines outside or something? I can’t say I have a problem with dirt or rust.

But since you do I recommend taking one of the canned dusters (the kind used for computers) and cleaning the locks. Then use a dry lube like graphite or Teflon (never use oil or WD-40, attracts more dirt and gums up) If they are really bad, remove the locks and take them back to your shop. Go to Walmart and get some “QD Electronics Cleaner” or carburetor cleaner or non chlorinated brake cleaner in a pinch. Spray the lock out to clean then lube with dry lube.

Yeah just go ahead and clean all of them well with the QD electronic cleaner. I like it cause it’s not as aggressive. (Don’t do this on location, stuff smells pretty strong) Then dry graphite lube. It comes in a little tube and it’s a fine powder. Again, do this at home, but out side. Stuff is pretty messy. A little goes a long way, and shake the excess off.

1 hour ago, John white said:

I keep breaking all the T-002 vending machine keys!! Where can I buy more stronger keys. Because they are too expensive to keep breaking. And the locks are breaking too!!

Truth is these are just not very good locks and keys. Over tightening will definitely lead to quicker failure. Over the last few years I have been changing all of these locks over to Eagle locks. The only wrinkle is that most of the time you need to adjust the center post so it's taller because the Eagle locks are not as long as the T series cylinder locks you are replacing.  If you are going to use these locks for the cash box door on the back of a 1-800 machine you will need to buy a new, longer bolt (about a half inch longer) for it to connect with.

Here is a link where you can buy them cheap:

https://www.gumballstuff.com/gumballstuff-lock-and-key-with-1-4-thread/

The guy that runs the site is a long time member here (Heritage Vending). I have bought alot from him.

• 1 month later...

Contact Camlock Systems at (860) 414-5955. They sell replacement locks with your own custom key code.  The part # for the lock is LYP158A.  Camlock's LYP158A locks are much better than the factory locks.   You can also order locks for your NW/A&A/Oak/Eagle machines (Part #P158A).  You can use one key for both your P158A and LYP158A locks. Both locks from Camlock cost about $9.50 each.