New to vending. Have a Vendo machine in my garage for beer purposes!

Bobprov1

Hi all, I aquired a Vendo coke machine and I'm using it as a beer fridge in my garage. In the proces of trying to set it to "free vend". Have watched some youtube videos and google searches. Havent tried anything yet as I am new to haveing a vending machine and I am NOT an electrician! It does work as far as cooling but thats all I know so far!

Just set it to a nickle and leave it at that.  Then keep a can of nickles nearby.  Much simpler than rewiring up for free vend.  Tilt the acceptor forward and turn on pricing switch 1 ONLY.  All other price switches must be off.

Late 70s early 80s. Parts are damn near impossible to find. If a selection doesn’t vend you’ll probably have to leave it empty; even if you had parts these lowering shelf machines are a pain to fix.

• 1 year later...

It's hard to describe.  The motors run an oscillator bar that alternately drop cans onto fixed shelves, right and left in a column.  After two cans are vended from one side the oscillator bar drops two on the other side.  You really have to watch it to see how it works.  It's a poor vending method because of the convoluted way it works and this is why we call them junk and warn people away from them.

7 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

It's hard to describe.  The motors run an oscillator bar that alternately drop cans onto fixed shelves, right and left in a column.  After two cans are vended from one side the oscillator bar drops two on the other side.  You really have to watch it to see how it works.  It's a poor vending method because of the convoluted way it works and this is why we call them junk and warn people away from them.

I really can't see the shelves in the picture above...so it's hard to visualize.  Are the shelves the pins where the rotor would typically be?  Were these machines developed before or after the typical rotor machines like the DN501?

Edited by darkinthepark

In post number 7 (Posts aren't numbered anymore, grrr) the moving parts between the vertical geared parts below the motors are what move the shelves up and down. 

They were developed after solenoid release designs such as Vendo and Rockola had and at the same time that Cavalier created their crappy machine that had a lever that shifted right and left to drop cans.  All of this was while rotor delivery methods took hold which Dixie Narco proved was the best.  While Rockola's solenoid design was solid it had it's pitfalls including that the machines weighed a ton.  Vendo was really late to the rotor idea as they decided that the lowering shelf machine was a good idea (they actually put rotors in the last three single columns).

3 hours ago, AZVendor said:

In post number 7 (Posts aren't numbered anymore, grrr) the moving parts between the vertical geared parts below the motors are what move the shelves up and down. 

They were developed after solenoid release designs such as Vendo and Rockola had and at the same time that Cavalier created their crappy machine that had a lever that shifted right and left to drop cans.  All of this was while rotor delivery methods took hold which Dixie Narco proved was the best.  While Rockola's solenoid design was solid it had it's pitfalls including that the machines weighed a ton.  Vendo was really late to the rotor idea as they decided that the lowering shelf machine was a good idea (they actually put rotors in the last three single columns).

Ok.  Thanks for the info!