Bobprov1

New to vending. Have a Vendo machine in my garage for beer purposes!

Hi all, I aquired a Vendo coke machine and I'm using it as a beer fridge in my garage. In the proces of trying to set it to "free vend". Have watched some youtube videos and google searches. Havent tried anything yet as I am new to haveing a vending machine and I am NOT an electrician! It does work as far as cooling but thats all I know so far!

What make model/ do you have pics? The procedure varies by machine.

Yes I have pics and it does have an ID tag on the side. Would the model number be the sales model number 231 406? I cant tell if its a 1 or an L.

I have other pics but the files are too big I guess...

It's a lowering shelf machine. Junk it.

Ha! It was free and it keeps beer cold! Just for use in my garage.

Just set it to a nickle and leave it at that.  Then keep a can of nickles nearby.  Much simpler than rewiring up for free vend.  Tilt the acceptor forward and turn on pricing switch 1 ONLY.  All other price switches must be off.

Thanks! Ive seen how to set the pricing. I'll give that a try tomorrow. I actually dont even know if the machine will vend. It cools just fine though!

Any idea how old this machine is? Just a guess, but I imagine parts are hard to find?

Late 70s early 80s. Parts are damn near impossible to find. If a selection doesn’t vend you’ll probably have to leave it empty; even if you had parts these lowering shelf machines are a pain to fix.

If I can just get 3 or maybe 4 selctions to vend I would be ok with that. Like I said it was free and it cools. Thanks for the info!