DN 276e double vending Sprite 16.9 oz

Drcpwen

My DN 276e is double vending Sprite 16.9 oz with the cam setting set at 2 in the middle column.  All the other coke 16.9 oz cam settings are set at 2 and they work perfect.  Can anyone give me some advice?   Thanks Dan 

If it's in a rotor then you need the rod and spring put into the middle holes of the rotor, a can spacer and then there are three two-notch settings you can try on brown cams.

5 hours ago, Drcpwen said:

It double vends every other.  The cams are the brown ones with five settings.  This machine does not have rods.  Thanks again. 

With a dry vend in between?

If so you need to check your cam settings, shims, see if the motor is coasting (does the switch always end up in a notch. 

Yes,  it's a dry vend in between.  The reason why I'm confused is all the other coke 16.9 columns vend perfect with the Cam set on two except this one which is the middle column.  It tries to dump the 1st bottle on the 1st vend but it's getting hung up and doesn't completely drop until the 2nd vend when the double vend takes place.  I'll take another look at it and try one of the other four settings I guess.

It ended up being a dirty and slightly corroded cam.  The bottle was getting hung up because the edge was a little jagged and sticky..  I cleaned it up and its vending perfect.  Thanks for all the help.

• 2 years later...

Did you ever find out what shim you had ? I am having the same problem with my 276e. Have one column with 16.9 seltzer, brown cams working fine. Just added 16.9 ginger ale to another and it double vends. Did you have can shim and a rod in it ? I tried both a bottle shim and a can shim and it keeps double vending 

It should use a can shim and a rod/spring in the middle hole, just like with cans.  Then you'll need to adjust the motor cam to two notches but you'll have to experiment with which 2-notch setting will work.