Coke machine in Reily Ohio

Andrew6182

My wife and I picked up an old coke machine. A RVCC660-9 model to put in our little village. The only place in town to buy anything is one of two bars and the kids here are not allowed to go in.  We thought we could sort of provide a community service with this machine. I know it's kind of old, but it seems to work well enough.  It was set up for 20 oz bottles at $1.50 and we thought that was a little much for our area and would like to stock it with 12 oz cans at $0.75. I did figure out the alignment and spacing  for the cans, however I can't seem to get it to cooperate with me on setting the price. I studied the chart on how to reset it but can't seem to get it right. Also when I am trying to work on it the temp keeps going up and triggering an error code and I can't work past it. Is it normal for the temp to go up that fast?  I'm talking 10 minutes or less with the door open.  I would appreciate some help in getting this thing functioning.

Well, of course the temperature will go up quickly while the door is open.  The compressor turns off when the door is open and the evaportator fan sucks outside air in to blow over the temp sensor.  That is not a problem as when the door is closed the compressor starts 3 to 5 minutes later and cools the machine back down.  Here is the manual:  https://www.royalvendors.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/giiimanual.pdf

Go to the CON setting Con1 to set to multi-price or single price.  Then go to PriC to set your prices.  Since you probably have 12 columns and 9 selections you might have to use STS to get your column mapping correct.   

Edited by AZVendor

I just tried to set my machine again. When I push the program button, I'm still getting an error message, however, no matter which button I push,  It will start scrolling a series of what seem to random numbers and then goes  back to displaying the price when I push any button. ????????

What is the error message and are you sure that the door switch is putting it into the service mode when the door opens?  If the compressor doesn't turn off when the door is open or the display doesn't change from displaying the price or double zeros then your door switch isn't working.

I'm not able to get to the error message screen. after I push the button, I see the ERROR pop up, then it starts scrolling the random numbers. I'll read the service manual and find out where the door switch is located and how to check it. Thank you again for the help.

The info about the door switch got my attention. I checked it out and it is working properly. But I had an idea.  I opened the door and pulled one of the connectors off the switch so that the computer thinks the door is open. Then I can close the door and work on the keyboard with out the machine warming up so fast. I was able to clear the errors and get to the menu with out a problem. Thanks for the help.

Just finished setting up the price and the electronic part is working fine. Bill changer is working ect. We put a couple of cans of Pepsi in each slot and tried it out. it will vend with no problem on button 1 and 9 but every other button, I can hear the mechanism working but then it says sold out. I read through the manual and found a picture of the vend mechanism and how it's supposed to look for large and small containers but I can't seem to find the directions on how to change it. the lower rod I did move to the small container position but the upper rod has a butt load of spacers and washers on it and I don't feel comfortable with trying to get all that stuff back in right without some sort of instructions. Where to go from here?

when in doubt, take a picture so you have a reference.  That is applicable in situations like this and for wiring of boards, relays, anything really.  I always told my techs to take a picture prior to pulling any connectors or fasteners on something they weren't familiar with.

DON'T PULL THE UPPER ROD.. you are correct, everything will fall off and you will have a puzzle to reassemble.  When you remove the lower rod you can shift the spacer position on the upper rod and lock it in when you reinsert the lower rod.  Set them one at a time as you reinsert the rod. 

the royal is a good machine but the programming takes some getting used to.  Once you have the spacers set, the parameters you need to check are:

SDEP - selection depth - how deep is the product stocked for each selection - "2" for cans

PRIC - Price - you seem to have that covered

STS - Space to sales - allows you to assign columns to selection buttons.  You can program multiple columns to one selection if it is more popular.  There are some presets that should be illustrated on a chart on the inner door, if you can find the current setup number in the STS program it will tell you what you have currently.  Easiest thing is to use one of the presets but you can go thru and manually assign each selection (can be a real pain to do but possible).

Also, the chain drive that operates the selections has springs that keep tension, if the chain is slack you may have a missing spring and that would effect the vending.

You have an old Coke machine, some of the programming will require a password, it should be 4-2-3-1.

I was thinking. if number 1 works and number 9 works and all slots are set the same. Why do the slots in between not work? When you mentioned the chain, it made me think. I just checked the chain to see if it was loose and I saw that there are two plastic guides on it. both those guides were ABOVE the chain! That's why it would work on the end slots and not the middle ones. After I moved the chain so that it was above the guides, everything now works properly.  Your input has been invaluable. Thank you again.