Snackshop 6000 price changes don't stay

The prices keep resetting on my Snackshop 6000XL, what's weird is resets to the prices I had programmed when the problem started rather than putting everything to 5 cents or whatever the default is.

I used to be able to power it on and off and it would keep the programmed prices most of the time. Sometimes a power surge or something would reset everything to a default price, I think it was 5 cents.

Now, it always resets to the prices I had programmed last September or so. I can reprogram the prices and they will stay for up to a couple of days as long as the machine is always powered. It always resets back to the September prices within a few days, though. 

I don't know if the entire control board has a problem or if there's an easier fix somehow.

I know if any of my dixie narcos s2d's start having this problem, its usually the control board battery that needs changing so it might be the control board battery. What gets me is the fact that you say the prices are resetting to factory settings but rather to prices you had set a while back. In that case, there might be electrical damage to the board and thus to its memory

1 hour ago, allen watson said:

What bulb are you using?

F24 T8 and a starter but I'm not there right now to check what kind. I actually replaced both when this problem started and it didn't change anything. Usually an issue with the bulb makes the prices reset to default, along with seeming like the whole thing has a poltergeist.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, tismael56 said:

What gets me is the fact that you say the prices are resetting to factory settings but rather to prices you had set a while back. In that case, there might be electrical damage to the board and thus to its memory

I was afraid it was something like this. Does that mean it probably needs a new control board?

I actually didn't realize there was a battery with the control board, so at least that's one other thing I could check.

5 minutes ago, cecek said:

I was afraid it was something like this. Does that mean it probably needs a new control board?

I actually didn't realize there was a battery with the control board, so at least that's one other thing I could check.

I don't know if you need a new board or not but I recommend you get an aftermarket board (VE ucb or Inone) if you do.  You might have to specify that you want the VE board work with your existing mech and val but the Inone should be capable as-is.  This will allow you to make practically any normal upgrade.

8 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

I don't know if you need a new board or not but I recommend you get an aftermarket board (VE ucb or Inone) if you do.  You might have to specify that you want the VE board work with your existing mech and val but the Inone should be capable as-is.  This will allow you to make practically any normal upgrade.

Thanks! I can't make any repairs or upgrades right away, so I'm gonna keep trying to get it working on my own... In the meantime, I'll be researching those control boards so I'm ready when the time comes.