Vending 16oz Monster from the wide column of a Dixie Narco 501e

Ness329

Hey everyone, I’m a relatively new vendor, so excuse me for any lack of knowledge. I am trying to get my 501e to reliably vend monster from the wide column, but when I test the motor it goes in a 1-1-2 pattern as far as how many cans come out and sometimes nothing comes out at all. I have 4 3/32 shims on either side of the column and my red cam is set to 1. Does anyone know what else I need to do to fix this and get single vends only? Any help/suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

I never know which settings are which on cams.  I just count the notches.  For the wide column, you need 4 notches (2 cans deep x 2 cans wide).  if you do, then your pattern should be 1-1-1-1 (per full rotation) but if it's set wrong then it may be 1-1-2-0.  1-1-2 doesn't really make sense as it adds up to 3.  I haven't vended monster out of a wide column before so the only things I would say is 1) check to see if there's a different setting with 4 notches and test it out at least 8 times (two full rotations) and 2) possibly move the shims from one side to the other (ie 3 on one side and 5 on the other or visa-versa).  I'm thinking there's another setting with 4 notches that will solve your problem.  

@AngryChris @cvending Thanks for the responses guys; when you say I need to set the cam to “4 notches” what exactly are you referring to? Would that be the ridges on the outer edge of the cam, or something else? I can see the 1, 2 and 3 slots but I’m not sure how to tell which one of those signifies 4 notches, or how I would even tell.

Also how can you tell the Exact setting of the back spacer? I usually just make sure that it’s about half an inch or so from the cans furthest out in the back of the machine, but how would I know for sure that it is on a specific number setting?

3 hours ago, Ness329 said:

Also how can you tell the Exact setting of the back spacer? I usually just make sure that it’s about half an inch or so from the cans furthest out in the back of the machine, but how would I know for sure that it is on a specific number setting?

1/2 inch is perfect for back spacer.  I always just adjust as needed.

On the cams, you literally just try different settings.  By notches, I mean depressions where the arm of the switch falls into to tell the machine to stop.  If you look at the cams on narrow columns, you'll notice they have notches.  You'll have enough notches for a column to vend 1, 2, or 3 products per cycle.  On a wide column, it's doubled.  Monsters vend 2-deep so you need 4 notches on a wide column.  You just lift up on the cam a little to get the piece of plastic out of the "1" hole and turn the cam until it's set for something else.  Also watch out so you don't bend the switch arm.