Selling my vending business

Starcat

I am in washington state, i have a vending machine business, around 60 locations and 30 more machines ready to be placed. anyone know anyone who is in the market? i posted it on craigslist but people dont seem to have any idea what to do with this business.

Just looked at your ad on Craigslist and it looks pretty good. I would drop the lines about "there is no such thing as guaranteed income" and "I would prefer someone already in the business so they know how the business works, what to expect."  I think everyone will know that there is no guaranteed income so no need to drive that point home....kind of de-incentivizes the sales pitch. I understand why you want to sell to an existing vendor but spinning it that way could run off potential customers. 60 locations with an opportunity to grow to 100 is a nice number for a beginner in the vending business. It is also a viable "side gig" for someone who has never been in the business. I would be honest with them when they ask questions and let them know they will get out of it what they put in to it and the biggest challenge will be locating. Finally you may need to be prepared to come down on your price to move it. I think your asking price is reasonable but don't be surprised if you get alot of lower offers. I've seen people sit on vending routes and allow them to deteriorate because they didn't have time to service them but wouldn't come down on the selling price. Don't make that mistake. Today's bulk vending climate is a bit challenging so getting top dollar for the route may be a little tough. Good luck!

47 minutes ago, gumball guy said:

Just looked at your ad on Craigslist and it looks pretty good. I would drop the lines about "there is no such thing as guaranteed income" and "I would prefer someone already in the business so they know how the business works, what to expect."  I think everyone will know that there is no guaranteed income so no need to drive that point home....kind of de-incentivizes the sales pitch. I understand why you want to sell to an existing vendor but spinning it that way could run off potential customers. 60 locations with an opportunity to grow to 100 is a nice number for a beginner in the vending business. It is also a viable "side gig" for someone who has never been in the business. I would be honest with them when they ask questions and let them know they will get out of it what they put in to it and the biggest challenge will be locating. Finally you may need to be prepared to come down on your price to move it. I think your asking price is reasonable but don't be surprised if you get alot of lower offers. I've seen people sit on vending routes and allow them to deteriorate because they didn't have time to service them but wouldn't come down on the selling price. Don't make that mistake. Today's bulk vending climate is a bit challenging so getting top dollar for the route may be a little tough. Good luck!

The reason i put that there is because i was inundated with emails wanting EXACT percentages and what kind of guarenteed income there is minimum in a store. etc.

• 2 weeks later...