Telemetry

Kingpacks

There are so many causes for "not working" that your question is a little to broad to answer with any confidence.   Is the vending equipment new or old?  If its older equipment, has it been updated?  Did the cashless system work for a while and then stop or not work from the start?  Do you have signal issues? 

All the equipment is national 167 or newer All beverages are newer nothing older than 5 years.  The machines all have worked for a while prior and all signal strengths are fair or better. I made the DTS files were condensed on the merchants.  I thought at first maybe antennas damaged and even ports..

Is this across all of your equipment or are they relegated to specific machines, locations, parts of town?  Just looking for a common denominator. Odds are pretty slim that multiple pieces of equipment have the same problem at the same time without there being a common issue.  

What is the symptom?  Are they not powering up?  Are the readers not "enabled" or do they enable but not accept the swipe?  Do they not authorize or complete the transaction?  Do your machines accept cash but not card?  I'm just trying to understand where in the purchase process is the failure in order to work backwards from there.

I was just getting ready to post and seen your comment.

USAT 3G AT&T telemeters have been locking up and failing for me. 8 in the last 6 weeks. 4 bezels as well failing in the last 6 weeks (one was on a 4G Verizon). 

This stuff has been bulletproof up until the last 6 weeks now it seems like junk to me. I don't know if it's Network related, USAT related or what the deal is. Very frustrating.

I would assume that the carriers give very few shits about their 3G networks at this point. It's going to be retired in the next few years (Dec 2022) and with the uptick in traffic from all the work from home, especially for people with spotty home internet and the rollout of 5G, and the staffing issues from COVID I'd imagine that they are being spread thin right now and thus the 3G legacy stuff is less of a priority.

As for bezel failures I would suspect liquid disinfectant being sprayed directly onto the bezels.

Edited by orsd

nayax readers have had a lot of equipment failures lately.   over the last year we've replaced probably 20 to 30 readers.   3g stuff started failing first, but now 4g modems are going completely dead.   they won't power up at all.

We're moving a lot of machines to payrange.  I haven't had a single unit fail.   I don't get dex info, but who cares at this point.   i can't afford to keep replacing a fleet of modems. I'm starting to see really wide adoption of the smartphone app payment systems by customers, but it's got to be the right type of location to use it.