SOLD OUT keeps flashing on my vendo 511

mooner719

I presume that it is not vending but rather saying sold out for every selection?  If that happens for every selection AND the machine was working fine previously then check the fuse on top of the logic board enclosure, though that would probably kill the display if it was blown.  Check all of the motor and sold out wiring from where it exits the motor cover all the way to the logic board.  If it's intact with no damage or loose connections then you probably have a bad logic board.  The board is held in place with plastic standoffs that deteriorate and break off so it's possible that the board can short out in the enclosure when you try to remove it.  Plan on replacing the 5 standoffs when you replace the board.

If you respond to this message please turn off your caps lock.

Will it run motors in TEST?  The power for the motors runs through a 5 amp fuse found on the air dam.  It's possible that was blown.  If that suddenly happened when you replaced the board, you may need another board.  If you're original issue was only 6-10,  your original may also have an issue.  1-5 are controller by a relay on the board in the relaxed or Normally Closed position, 6-10 require that relay to engage.  Either that relay wasn't engaging to you have an open wire on that harness. If you look closely, you should have a common wire for 1-5 and then another color for 6-10.  If memory serves, yellow and orange were used but it's been a long time.  

I would check the 5 amp fuse found on the air dam and check continuity on the motor harness commons from the motors to the control board.  

• Like 1

Another possibility is that your Space to Sales is not programmed correctly.  Any selection not tied to a column (or tied to a column that is actually "Sold Out") will flash a "sold out" message when pressed.  Please ensure that each selection is tied to a motor and that the sold out flaps are being engaged.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/24/2020 at 9:25 AM, Vendo Mike said:

Will it run motors in TEST?  The power for the motors runs through a 5 amp fuse found on the air dam.  It's possible that was blown.  If that suddenly happened when you replaced the board, you may need another board.  If you're original issue was only 6-10,  your original may also have an issue.  1-5 are controller by a relay on the board in the relaxed or Normally Closed position, 6-10 require that relay to engage.  Either that relay wasn't engaging to you have an open wire on that harness. If you look closely, you should have a common wire for 1-5 and then another color for 6-10.  If memory serves, yellow and orange were used but it's been a long time.  

I would check the 5 amp fuse found on the air dam and check continuity on the motor harness commons from the motors to the control board.  

Hey Vendo Mike,

I’m having this same issue. Fill machine, sell 8-10 drinks, machine goes into all sold out. To clear it I go to “test” and vend one drink from each column. 
Last year I pulled apart the harness connectors at the bottom of the door and cleaned them. This seemed to help somewhat but not completely cured. 
Vendo 511 / 10 select - New board, motors and power supply. 

Hey Allen

You might consider checking the "vend complete" switch positions before you clear errors.  Are they JC-# errors or are they actually reading "sold out" once you open the door? .  If you're finding that the motors are not stopping where the switch arm falls into the trough on the cam, you may need to make sure the motors are not coasting and that your switches are good.  They are fairly common cherry switches that can be sourced easily.

Also, if your products are jamming, , you should first verify correct setup of that package.  If that looks good, you'll want to check that all of the setup components are good. (i.e.  gauge bars are straight and placed in the correct position,  correct clips are used and fully seated, etc, side spacer correct and installed correctly.

Thanks for the quick response. 
No errors are being logged nor are the products jamming. Columns are sold out even without any product being vended.  The sold out paddles are where they should be and none of the motors have coasted past the stop point.  As long as the vend motors are rotated the sold outs are cleared. 
Also, the sold out is displayed on the door before I open it. 

Edited by allen watson

Double check space to sales.  "sold out" will clear simply on opening/closing the door.  Make sure we aren't chasing 2 issues at once.  The motor test may not have anything to do with clearing the "sold out".   When you close the door, do any/all of the motors try to "rehome"?

Rechecked space to sales. Button 1 thru 10 operate each correct column. 
None of the motors try to re-home nor are they pressing on the switches (coasting). All the switches are in place

Pull the motor harness from the logic board and reinstall it a couple of times to clean the contacts.  They might be dirty.  If that doesn't work then do the same for the sold out harness, but do them separately so you can rule one out.  

It could also be interference from bad florescent bulbs in or near the machine or a bad ground on the power cord.

Edited by AZVendor

I just pulled off the motor harness at the board and cleaned it. I also pulled apart the motor harness is at the bottom of the door and clean those real well. A lot of sand just poured out of the lower harness connectors (Big ones right at the bottom of the door). I put it all back together and it seems to be working fine now. I vended out several items from each column and it’s working. Thank you so much for your help.

Yeah it’s annoying as heck. The power supply was halfway buried in sand panda lower harness plugs were sitting in the sand. That’s just from the last two weeks. I’m sure you’ve dealt with that before lol