mooner719

SOLD OUT keeps flashing on my vendo 511

SOLD OUT KEEPS FLASHING ON MY VENDO 511   ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I presume that it is not vending but rather saying sold out for every selection?  If that happens for every selection AND the machine was working fine previously then check the fuse on top of the logic board enclosure, though that would probably kill the display if it was blown.  Check all of the motor and sold out wiring from where it exits the motor cover all the way to the logic board.  If it's intact with no damage or loose connections then you probably have a bad logic board.  The board is held in place with plastic standoffs that deteriorate and break off so it's possible that the board can short out in the enclosure when you try to remove it.  Plan on replacing the 5 standoffs when you replace the board.

If you respond to this message please turn off your caps lock.

yes it is saying sold out for every selection.   and it also will not vend.....  thanks so much...

Did you change anything before it stopped working?

i had columns 6 thru 10   that i could not test vend   so i changed the board out   and then all of this golpher happened  lol

I had this problem  on a DN501E once.  Recycle the power fixed the problem.

• Like 1

Will it run motors in TEST?  The power for the motors runs through a 5 amp fuse found on the air dam.  It's possible that was blown.  If that suddenly happened when you replaced the board, you may need another board.  If you're original issue was only 6-10,  your original may also have an issue.  1-5 are controller by a relay on the board in the relaxed or Normally Closed position, 6-10 require that relay to engage.  Either that relay wasn't engaging to you have an open wire on that harness. If you look closely, you should have a common wire for 1-5 and then another color for 6-10.  If memory serves, yellow and orange were used but it's been a long time.  

I would check the 5 amp fuse found on the air dam and check continuity on the motor harness commons from the motors to the control board.  

• Like 1

Another possibility is that your Space to Sales is not programmed correctly.  Any selection not tied to a column (or tied to a column that is actually "Sold Out") will flash a "sold out" message when pressed.  Please ensure that each selection is tied to a motor and that the sold out flaps are being engaged.

• Like 1

Ah, yes, the air dam fuse.  I forgot about that one.

• Like 1

thanks guys   this all helps    what great people out there