The Forum

The Mage

I intend on making an announcement on the forum this weekend. 

The forum is at risk right now. I won't go into details but I am given a choice. The easy choice takes a few minutes, but would ruin the integrity of this forum, and would go against my ethics.

The other option is to fight, and that is what I have chosen to do. I will be posting about it here and on Facebook. I will be tweeting about it, and attempting to make as many people aware of it as possible. This isn't what the other party wants, nor is it what they are expecting. People like this thrive in the shadows, so I want to shine as bright of a light on them (him) as possible.

Now I am off to meet with my lawyer, and am working on having a conversation with Coca Cola.

Hmmm.  Someone trying to tell you how to run your own forum and how not to infringe on their rights, or that you already infringed on their rights by letting people espouse their opinions on something here so now your penance is to abandon your efforts to help the industry?  

Maybe they should be spending time doing the same to the Donald's twit, err, Twitter feed.

I suspect it's something to do with the Coca Cola/Coffee Route scammers from Craigslist.

Edited by AZVendor

1 hour ago, caserri said:

That's weird. I felt a disturbance and figured I'd check in and this is the first thread I see.

This concerns me.

caserri, long time no see.

I would just post what's going on, but holding off until a few things happen. I also want to be meticulous as to what and how I post since I do not want to give any ammunition to anyone. The other side has already given me plenty of that.

I have no doubt that the law is on our side. It is my belief that this person is attempting to intimidate me into complying. There could be a secondary strategy that I won't mention here, but it really is more of a larger corporation strategy so could easily backfire. But it wouldn't be painless for me, but I am prepared for that too.

But the forum may be getting some attention over the next few months. Interestingly just before the virus hit I went to a lecture on internet marketing. If I remember right the company that spoke was surprisingly affordable. 

• Thanks 1

A little update.

Taking advice from the Lawyer. He thinks it's best if I don't make too much noise right now, so I won't.

But from what I am hearing it looks like I am in a really good position. So I probably won't be taking this public like I thought I might. But I am still holding on to that plan if it comes to it, but it may not go much further. Time will tell.