Dixie Narco 276 how do I properly adjust the back to fit cans?

LuckyV

I have an account I took over that I've been servicing for a while. Their drink machine (DN 276, NOT to be confused with 276e) has like 4 selections that are just water bottles and additional diet cokes so I started trying to add more variety by swapping those out and putting other things.

I replaced the additional diet Coke selection with Mountain Dew and had success right away.

I tried replacing one of the water bottle columns with Sprite though and they won't vend. I don't know if that column was ever used or even working before, but when I select it the buttons turn orange the way they normally when it's vending. Except nothing comes out. Before testing, I did try to adjust the back to accommodate can sizes instead of bottle sizes and I'm guessing that might be the issue.

How do I correctly set this so that it works with cans?

Did you change the cam settings and the shims?  If you change the package size you need to install the correct shims for the new package, and set the cam to turn the correct amount to dispense one item at a time.   There is usually a setup guide on the inner door or do an internet search for the vendor manual.  You may need to order shims if you don't have any extras.

Set the motor cams for 2 open notches on the narrow columns and four open notches on the wide columns.  Pull the rear spacers forward to that there is a 1/2" of space between the front can and the sold out paddle when the cans are pushed back against the rear spacer.  You don't say which column won't vend but I would assume, in spite of your lack of detailed information, that it's a wide column.  You will need to prime the column by vending it several times until cans vend.

Sorry for the lack of detail, was planning to attach photos in my original post but they were too big so I had to find an app to convert them.

The selection I'm having trouble with is column 6. It's narrow and used to vend some awkwardly sized 500mL Aquafina bottles.

Adjusting the motor cam to 2 packages sounds like it'll solve the problem, so I'm gonna look into doing that and give it a shot. 

InShot_20200905_203039768.jpg

InShot_20200905_203129946.jpg

Turn your cans around so the tops are to the back.  That protects the tops so the bottom comes out first.  Do the same with the bottles.  Who taught you to load them this way?  Experienced vendors know which way to load products.

Edited by AZVendor
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Turn your cans around so the tops are to the back.  That protects the tops so the bottom comes out first.  Do the same with the bottles.  Who taught you to load them this way?  Experienced vendors know which way to load products.

I'm glad you pointed this out to me, I'm pretty new to vending and didn't know. I've mostly been continuing what the previous owner was doing.

11 minutes ago, LuckyV said:

I'm glad you pointed this out to me, I'm pretty new to vending and didn't know. I've mostly been continuing what the previous owner was doing.

In reality it doesn’t matter all that much with cans, but I do prefer tops to the back like AZ said for 3 reasons. 1. You do the same for bottles, the opening is towards the back. 2. You can read expiration dates easily that way, especially cans at the bottom of the stack. 3. Protects the tops from impact.

• Thanks 1