Wittern 3151 Report Cash Sales MDB

tblake05

1 hour ago, tblake05 said:

Should my 3151 be reporting cash sales using MDB, or is my only option to add the DEX harness?  Thanks!

I think that board is likely incapable of reporting cash sales or giving dex info.  Does the card reader work otherwise?

Yes!  Reports CC Sales just fine over MDB.

It has a spot to connect a Dex Harness also....

Wonder if there is a setting in Nayax.... -as the adjacent snack machine also does not report cash sales and they were both set up by Nayax the same time (took multiple phone calls cause settings on Nayax side were wrong).  The snack is an HR32.  Maybe they are they both not compatible?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Sometimes I feel like I know more about the machines than the employee at vendnet….

I am going to order a harness and try it.  I'll update.  Thanks!

[11:09:23am] Martin:
good Morning
[11:09:41am] You
Hello, Does the 3151 (cb700) report cash sales over dex? If so, what is the part number on the dex harness needed?
[11:10:28am] Martin:
let me research a minute or two
[11:20:19am] Martin:
hello
[11:20:40am] You
YES, THANKS
[11:21:45am] Martin:
a dex harness for this machine is part #4207902.
[11:22:57am] Martin:
With this machine it is a 50/50 chance that it might lock up.
[11:23:14am] You
lock up?
[11:23:22am] Martin:
it struggles getting a dex
[11:23:43am] You
ok, but if unplugged, it will go back to normal, correct?
[11:24:17am] Martin:
yes it will
[11:25:16am] You
I also have the revision 1 chip (non extended controls). If I change the chip to the extended version, will that give better chance at DEX working?
[11:25:36am] Martin:
it should plug in top right in P10 or P11.
[11:25:52am] Martin:
not sure if we have those chips
[11:27:41am] Martin:
my board repair guy says there is no chips available considering the age of the machine 

• 5 months later...
On 10/12/2020 at 9:32 AM, tblake05 said:

Sometimes I feel like I know more about the machines than the employee at vendnet….

I am going to order a harness and try it.  I'll update.  Thanks!

Were you successful with the DEX Harness for your 3151?  I have a 3151 as well and I'm wondering if that option may be a path to successfully reporting cash sales.

Thanks

Edited by Desert Valley

I talked with a couple folks at VendNet, I got some further information. It doesn't seem to be an issue with the 3151 persay.   It seems more so its an issue with the speed of the DEX coming out of the 3151.  Early versions of the board were slow, and sometimes the card reader wouldn't wait long enough to get the End Dex Statement.  Therefore the Card Readers weren't waiting long enough and lock it up.  Sounds like if it doesn't work right, its an issue the card manufacturers need to fix not the board maker.  I'm going to rig something up and test with my Nayax readers and find out if it works.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AZVendor said:

No one will fix such a problem so if DEX doesn't work right it will never work right.

You always have a very negative outlook.   According to Larry there in the files for the vending machine they had Cantaloupe in there refining their firmware to ensure they can work with it.  

USI used the f80 control board for most of those machines in snack machine and I assume they have a version for the drink machines. The best the f80 can do is run a credit card reader, it probably won't give cash sales, and dex is not going to work. Maybe USI made an upgrade package for the drink machine like they did for the snack machines F80 to the Gvc1 fixes these issues .

On 3/26/2021 at 3:48 PM, Desert Valley said:

I talked with a couple folks at VendNet, I got some further information. It doesn't seem to be an issue with the 3151 persay.   It seems more so its an issue with the speed of the DEX coming out of the 3151.  Early versions of the board were slow, and sometimes the card reader wouldn't wait long enough to get the End Dex Statement.  Therefore the Card Readers weren't waiting long enough and lock it up.  Sounds like if it doesn't work right, its an issue the card manufacturers need to fix not the board maker.  I'm going to rig something up and test with my Nayax readers and find out if it works.

Sounds like you talked to someone more knowledgeable than the guy I talked to.

Let me know what you find as that would allow me to "kit" that location and save a  ton of hassle per week.  

I believe I have an early board though because I've got a red display and it doesn't have extended control board options.  (so it is probably the most unlikely to ever report dex)  Which is why I haven't bought a cable.

But for me it would be totally worth it to have dex metrics even if I have to buy an updated board.  Its a great location, machine works well, and being able to kit would save me tons of time.

On 3/27/2021 at 2:38 PM, tc vending said:

USI used the f80 control board for most of those machines in snack machine and I assume they have a version for the drink machines. The best the f80 can do is run a credit card reader, it probably won't give cash sales, and dex is not going to work. Maybe USI made an upgrade package for the drink machine like they did for the snack machines F80 to the Gvc1 fixes these issues .

The adjacent snack machine to my 3151 I could have sworn uses the F80, and it reports cash and credit sales.

5 hours ago, tblake05 said:

The adjacent snack machine to my 3151 I could have sworn uses the F80, and it reports cash and credit sales.

I got gvc1's that don't send cash sales, it's hit and miss. Dex is where the trouble comes in.

3 hours ago, tc vending said:

I got gvc1's that don't send cash sales, it's hit and miss. Dex is where the trouble comes in.

Ahhhh..... right... its vendnet equipment I forgot, my bad.

Odd.  All my GVC1's report cash.  Wonder if it has to do more with different CC reader equipment though.   I've got all Nayax on my stuff.

1 hour ago, tblake05 said:

Odd.  All my GVC1's report cash.  Wonder if it has to do more with different CC reader equipment though.   I've got all Nayax on my stuff.

I think it's an issue of the "old" GVC1 boards vs the "new" GVC1 boards.  I know the SM6 predates the GVC1 but I don't know if the F80 predates SM6 or not.  Regardless, I don't think GVC1 was foolproof.  The F80 is a great board but limited with no dex support.  The SM6 seems like a good board but "may or may not" work with card readers. The GVC1 appears to always work with card readers, but "may or may not" report cash sales.  The GVC2 is where they finally got it all together as far as I know.   Basically, you never know if it will work properly or not with a USI machine unless you try it out.  It can be pretty frustrating.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 3/30/2021 at 9:45 PM, tblake05 said:

Which reader do you have? The old one or the VSOP Touch? I'm looking into upgrading to the GVC1 for my 3151.

On 11/18/2021 at 9:03 PM, jclifvic said:

Which reader do you have? The old one or the VSOP Touch? I'm looking into upgrading to the GVC1 for my 3151.

I have a standard reader on both my 3151’s.

is they a way to put a gvc1 in them that I don’t know about?

• 3 months later...