Can’t get AP113 to accept $5 bills

Greenmachine

Hello, I recently purchased my first vending machine, an AP 113 in good condition.  It accepts a single $1 bill at a time and multiple coins after that.

Problem is I plan to sell products up to $5 and the accepter won’t take a $5 bill. I’ve tried all the switch configurations I can from the manual. It has a mei VN 2512 u5 and an mei TRC-6000.

From what I’ve been  able to find out the machine should be able to take $5 bills. Am I missing something? Can anyone help me?

First, be sure that your bill acceptor has the new 2008 currency in it as shown by a yellow 2008 sticker on it.  It might not have the sticker and still be updated but that is the easiest way to tell.  Second, you need to program the coin mech tube levels.  Do that by powering off then removing the coin mech by pushing down (Mars), pushing up (Coinco), the latches at the top corners of the coin mech, removing the top acceptor and dumping all the coins out of the tubes.  When empty, reassemble and reinstall the coin mech and power the machine on.  Enter the service mode and press 012C on the keypad to zero your coin tube levels.  Now press 10, 1, 2, 5 and you will enter the Tube Fill mode.  At this time the display will show 0.00 and as you drop coins into the top of the coin mech they will go into the correct tubes and be counted into inventory.  You don't have to put them in in any order; random coins will work fine.  Fill the tubes until the extra coins go into the coin box.  When all denominations do that the tubes are full.  (Make sure you have Hi Quarters turned on in the switches behind the coin acceptor)  

Now set a price in your machine to $5 and also set a phantom price to something higher like $6.  Set that on selection A6 which doesn't exist in the motor matrix (phantom price.)  Now make a few vends with coins-only on lower priced items and make sure that correct change is paid out, then try $1bills as well.  Also make sure that you can press the coin return after a couple of coins are entered to ensure that the coin return function works.

After all of this you can try a $5 bill.  If it's accepted and credited then your bill acceptor has the new currency software in it.  If the $5 switch is turned on (and the machine does accept 1s) but the $5 bill is not accepted then you need to get the bill acceptor updated with new software at a repair depot.

• Like 1

Hey AZVender, 

thanks for your in depth reply. And so quickly too. I completed all steps but it is not accepting the $5 bills yet. 

I suspect the logic board isn’t upgraded (looks like original board components). So here are my next thoughts. 

-order a new eprom board and replace the old one (I think that will “upgrade” the software for the $5 bills. Correct me if I’m mistaken). I’m not sure yet which one but I’m looking into it. That will let the Bill reader take 5’s I hope, I’ll then get a new coin mech and card reader added later

Or

-order a new “InOne” kit with drop sensor $470 new and just replace the board and lcd all together. And while I’m at it add a mei cf7512i, and an mei  4in one card reader vn27p2 both on eBay for as much as a new Nayax card reader by itself almost. This will hurt the wallet but I think it’s the better way to go. 

Any  thoughts or recommendations are very much appreciated. If I go with option two would I be missing anything, and I can’t find out how I would even set up service with the new mei card reader 

EE591B72-7151-4667-B349-992B0B3E8717.jpeg

121D5923-A375-42F9-B30B-0259A82B1026.jpeg