HMMMMM - 3189 CC capable?

tblake05

I just HAD to ask.  Sounds as though it truly isn't CC capable...…  Though, whether they know it or not, they aren't saying so.

New message: you should call USI or Vendnet. they ...

eBay7?euid=bcaede94bb284232b9749c36d592a930&

New message from: tvsvending (252Turquoise Star)

you should call USI or Vendnet. they will guide you. You might have to upgrade the e-prom chip. Thanks.

Make an offer

Your previous message

Can I ask how you made this one credit card capable? I have this exact model, though it has an MDB coin mech and validator, it will not communicate to a CC reader. Capitol vending used to make an updated control board but no longer offer it. Just curious if you have an alternative solution. Thanks!

USI Wittern 3189 Bottles/Cans Vending Machine Credit Card capable !

USI Wittern 3189 Bottles/Cans Vend  
Price: $1,550.00
Buy it now
Watchers: 2
Quantity Remaining: 2

Buy it now

Get to know the seller tvsvending

Located: Spartanburg, SC, United States
Positive Feedback: 100%

2 hours ago, tblake05 said:

WORD!

In my dealings, any 3189 with the square button keypad is "not" (technically) compatible with a card reader.

I have heard of people putting this same board in a 3151 (I think? Cb 700) but the board needs a different eproms (I think?) so it will be compatible with the machine, which I think includes a different display and the fact that it's 14 motors instead of 10 might be a factor.  Theoretically, you might be able to macgyver something using spare parts from a cb 700 and the blood of a virgin goat.

On 9/16/2020 at 3:45 PM, AngryChris said:

I have heard of people putting this same board in a 3151 (I think? Cb 700) but the board needs a different eproms (I think?) so it will be compatible with the machine, which I think includes a different display and the fact that it's 14 motors instead of 10 might be a factor.  Theoretically, you might be able to macgyver something using spare parts from a cb 700 and the blood of a virgin goat.

Exactly why I said the 3189 is "technically not" compatible.....

No Virgin Goat Blood needed for me, thankfully, and the eprom was fine as is. ;)

My machines basically a 3151 inside a 3189 box.  I found someone who was scrapping a 3151 and harvested pretty much all the wire harnesses, control board, display board, their mounts.... Had to fabricate my own adapter between the 3151 board and my 3189's motor harness.....  But it works!  Rather a big project trying to reverse engineer both machines inputs/outputs off the boards- though I am pretty OK with electronics.  However, I wouldn't recommend anyone doing this unless they are comfortable.  Still not sure if it was worth all the time and hassle vs just replacing the machine.

PS the photo size limitation for uploading on here kinda stinks.

IMG_5034.JPG

1 hour ago, AZVendor said:

Definitely NOT worth the time.  You did it the hard way that I would never suggest anyone do.  You must have nothing but time on your hands to even attempt that.

Did it last February.  In MN, I get cabin fever towards the end of winter...