Need Help with Contract renewal wording to allow route sale

trs

Hi!  I am renewing my contract with a school district.  I was hired through a 3rd party who works within the district system and my contract is with the district.  I want to sell my company but have had offers just for this particular route.  I would like to add a descrete  line of verbiage in the renewal that allows me to sale my business or route that doesn't lose the contract.  I've googled lots of contracts and can't find any that say this.  If this is not a thing then how do yall get away with selling locations "routes" as you technically don't own the route?

Thanks!

When you sign the contract you are bound by the provisions within it which you can't modify.  If you haven't yet signed a renewal then you can try to add "This agreement is binding upon, and innures to the benefit of, the parties and their respective permitted successors and assigns".  Because it benefits both parties they might agree to add it. 

Otherwise you could rename the portion of the company that runs this location to a seperate name and then sell that "company" so that the district sees no name change.  Often times vendors will introduce a new "route driver" and then eventually they never see you again.