Samsclub No Longer Shipping Dubble Bubble 1"

RikaKazak

3 hours ago, RikaKazak said:

So I live in Idaho and Sam's Club isn't shipping cases of gumballs right now.  I found them on candymachines, but with shipping it's like $40 per case (was paying $22 per case free shipping on Sam's Club)

Where are you guys buying your gumballs at?

Have you contacted Sam's Club to see why they are not shipping? I have seen this happen once before and contacted them via their 1-800 number. They were able to get them again almost immediately but provided me with no reason for removing the item from the website.

I have been using Dubble Bubble for years, basically because of it's price point and it's accessibility, since my local Sam's has always carried it. That said, in the last two years I have become very unhappy with the quality and freshness of Dubble Bubble. They seem to have more and more gnarled, defective gumballs that really look disgusting and it turns off customers. I have also received lots of cases that have "harder than normal" shells and get stale within 6 months. Those issues have driven me to start buying Ford gumballs which are not as shiny but are really soft and stay that way a long,long time. The problem with Ford is you need to buy pallet of product to get competitive shipping and case deals. I actually have a few competitors that I combine orders with so we can all take advantage of the price breaks. 

I contacted Tootsie Roll (Parent company of Concord Confections) Lola in Consumer Relations stated that she was unaware of any issues on their end @ Concord, that they are still shipping product and was unaware of any issues with Sams Club in particular. Sams Club customer service was absolutely oblivious (foreign call center) to any issues and referring to the website and saying she only saw a "Concord" style piece of furniture😖, I went to explain to her about the SOS program and the "Concord" products as well "Dubble Bubble" brands and how the program has been utilized by me for the last 21 years, I gave her specific item numbers to no avail, she simply didnt know any specifics....that being said, It could be that Sams Club is re-vamping the program, ie.... add/drop items,price change or other program changes, lets hope they dont drop the free shipping for "Plus" members! This happened with Just Born products a few years back and Sams customer service knew no specifics either. I go with Ford/Carousel for 90% of my products anyways as I am a Fordway distributor, so that gets me access to Oakleaf products as well, as stated above,  buying in bulk ( a skid) is your best bet. Time will tell.

7 hours ago, RikaKazak said:

I tried google but couldn't find the answer.  How many cases in a pallet?

Call Ford directly for current pricing. Barb Deleon is who you talk to when ordering products,  847 955-0003 extension 2858. They sell other products like Skittles etc... so that may help you reach your case count.

So I called sam's club, they know nothing (random guy in India).  I ordered a case from candymachines.com, but there were 2 problems. 

1.)  Their definition of a case is not a true case.  They gave me about 2/3rds of a case, and instead of being 850's, they were 1080's.  (and it was $40 for them, so super expensive)

2.)  I've been doing gumballs for 7-8ish years and know dubble bubble pretty well.  Their gumballs weren't fresh.  I'd guess 6ish months old.

Overall SUPER disappointed in candy machines as a substitution.

Nothing yet, I was in my local Sams over the weekend, I did have a co manager check on Concord confections active items,it showed the in club 850 Asst in most all clubs and DB twist/tubs and chicle chews, again in select clubs, but nothing else active or special order items🤥