USA Tech cashless system down

FYI for anyone who has not seen the email yet....

We are currently experiencing a network outage with ePort devices.   

This morning we started to experience network issues with our ePort devices reporting into the system.

What you need to know:

• This outage is primarily affecting ePort G8, G9, or G10 devices. 
  • While Seed devices are currently not being impacted, you will experience alerts within your Seed application for ePort devices showing “offline” or not DEXing. Seed should automatically kick in forecasting for your daily operations.
  • Interactive devices, Quick Connect and Kiosks are starting to get impacted due to heavy traffic trying to report into our network, which is slowing down transaction processing.

We are working to diagnose and repair this issue, there is no need to send technicians out at this time. Devices experiencing this issue will come back online once the issue has been resolved. Please follow our status page for the latest updates and new information regarding this network issue at usatech.com/status.

FOLLOW STATUS UPDATES

Thank you for your patience.

USA Technologies Team

• Like 1

For us we are pure telemetry and prepicking and that's a complete nightmare to do when everything's down. They said 40% of devices have been restored but I doubt that figure. I have zero devices back online and no one I've talked to has had any luck with them either.

This looks to be pretty bad for them.

And now, all vendors that have not turned to reliance on cc readers are making more money than all of the "advanced" vendors.  Once you turn your customers away from cash you are at the mercy of the internet and its minions.  I'm not ragging on future-looking vendors, just pointing out the business weakness of where electronic transactions can go.

22 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

And now, all vendors that have not turned to reliance on cc readers are making more money than all of the "advanced" vendors.  Once you turn your customers away from cash you are at the mercy of the internet and its minions.  I'm not ragging on future-looking vendors, just pointing out the business weakness of where electronic transactions can go.

I would much rather loose sales for a day  than to have 20% lower sales forever.

Even if they are offline 3 days a year and the machine was card only that would only be a 1% loss in sales.

In any case, the lost sales from CC being down today are more than offset by CC sales that would otherwise have not been made in cash due to COVID concerns and shortages.

• Like 1

Any machine can have issues any time, that's why we all learn to fix machines.  Coin jams and broken validators cost us sales as well, just not all of our machines at once!  It hurt, but as of tonight all of my units seems to be reporting again, so we will see what Monday brings to us....

• Like 1

You know all of the old timers with old machines are laughing saying "see, I told you!! If it ain't broke don't fix it." Lol.  But yes, I agree with orsd.  Plus, there are actual customers out there that absolutely positively will NOT carry cash even if the machines don't take cards.  That means you'll never get those sales even if you have no card readers.  On the flip side, yeah you'll lose money in times like these when people get used to using card readers but it is what it is.  Hopefully usa tech prevents this from happening again.

• Like 1