schools...covid

TKK

Thankfully I am mostly invested in industrial/manufacturing locations which have been holding pretty steady over the length of covid.  I do have some schools but nothing huge so I am at something like 70% of expected sales figures.  It's definitely hurting me because I had just taken out a big seller-financed loan around January and I signed a lease on a building in February so I have these fixed expenses that have been hammering me every month.  If not for those, I could ride this thing out no problem.  Of the few schools I do have, one is almost entirely online-only (college), another is 50/50 (another college) and 3 elementary schools are doing some sort of mixed online/in-person thing but I only do the teacher's lounges anyway.  As soon as I can get away with it, I am going to press the schools on allowing me to service their vending and actually try to get pepsi kicked out of one.  That probably won't happen until early next year or next school year from what I can tell.

On 10/1/2020 at 2:14 AM, TKK said:

but are u guys refilling them? don't wanna lose even more had to throw thousands of items and donate

Of course you don't stock machines full of product if there is no one to buy it.... I have a vo-tech campus that went to online learning during the virus.  I pulled as much as I could use elsewhere and left just enough for the staff when they want something.  I stop by about once a month to freshen up the machines and get a status update.  It looks like they will resume normal classes in January, so leaving my equipment worked out, I will ramp up inventory just before they restart.  Thankfully, Like AngryChris, I have a lot of industrial accounts that have kept me going at about 45%, just enough cash flow to stay alive....

• Like 1