tblake05

Card reader USI-3185

Where to mount?  Above display or below where coins enter?  Which the mech would need to be removed to drill holes.  Is there room?

I haven't done a USI but I had planned on drilling on the part in front of the validator a d above the display.  All you need is enough space to fit the screws on a usa tech reader.  There should be plenty space.  Below the coin slot might technically be better as it would be ADA compliant but I don't know if it will be more difficult to do.

• Like 1

I have done a couple USI's with the reader between the validator bezel and the glass.  Should just fit.  You might only be able to get screws in one side but it will hold OK.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

I have done a couple USI's with the reader between the validator bezel and the glass.  Should just fit.  You might only be able to get screws in one side but it will hold OK.

I think you're thinking of a different style cabinet.  I have a 3185 and it's like a 3015 cabinet but it's got an SM6 board instead of SM3.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AngryChris said:

I think you're thinking of a different style cabinet.  I have a 3185 and it's like a 3015 cabinet but it's got an SM6 board instead of SM3.

You are probably correct, I can never keep track of all the different USI model numbers....

2 hours ago, Southeast Treats said:

You are probably correct, I can never keep track of all the different USI model numbers....

I don't get it either, but I have a 3185 and a lot of other various models so it helps lol.  

Thanks for the info guys. will be on location this week to do it.