CB700 drop sensor

tblake05

Has anyone ever had to re-adjust the drop sensor after installing a card reader?

The machine works without it and vends 100%.  Once installed the machine spins the motor but vends short of dropping product as it thinks an item has fallen and vend is complete.  Thus taking customers money.  Unplug the telemeter from MDB and it vends 100% again.

I believe the added current consumption of the telemeter and the card reader throw off my adjustment on the drop sensor.  Either that or a flaky power transformer. 

I didn't have time this morning, so I just disconnected the card reader.

What do you guys think?  Anyone ever run into this before?  I'll be on location again tomorrow.

I haven't had the problem the way you describe but I've definitely had problems with low voltage at the outlet due to too many devices like microwaves, water coolers, coffee makers, fridges, etc..  I don't know what the chances are for a telemeter to drop the voltage but I guess anything's possible.  Do you have another telemeter to try?

Follow up.

Swapping telemeters and the problem stayed the same.  I booted the machine up with telemeter plugged in and watched the red LED.  As the telelmeter booted it turned on and slowly increased intensity.  Once "insert card" showed up, the LED was lit.  So I just adjusted the sensitivity screw with the telemeter running fully booted as per the machines manual, and problem solved.

Very weird that it would need to be adjusted after just adding a telemeter, but its up and running now and vends 100% both cash and credit.

Thanks!