Nayax: The good, bad, and ugly

lacanteen

3 hours ago, Harry K said:

Hi darkinthepark. Very very shortly. Please reach out me to next week for an update.

Harry Kozlovsky
Senior Director of Solution Sales, Nayax
410-302-9015
harry@nayax.com

Picture1.png.558973f6dc42f697d3398742862ee913.png

Interesting.  What will pricing be on that?  What MEI ba does it fit over?

2 hours ago, tblake05 said:

If that’s the final prototype, it may not work with some machines. Aren’t some usi keypads directly above the validator? This would block it.

Yeah...I was thinking the same thing with the way it notches up.  Too bad they couldn't make the VPOS footprint smaller for it to fit over the BA a little nicer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darkinthepark said:

Yeah...I was thinking the same thing with the way it notches up.  Too bad they couldn't make the VPOS footprint smaller for it to fit over the BA a little nicer.

Ya. It looks kind of goofy.... unprofessional. Like it was an after thought.

why don’t they just continue the Amit, use the mei to Amit harness. Then if the contactless is such a huge deal, they could add a stand alone module that maybe could communicate through the machine. Place a sticker on the outside where to hold your phone. (You know, for all the cashless covid scares yuppies).

I can’t see myself putting this monstrosity on any of my machines. Gross. I have two machines using mei 4-in1 masks and if they need upgrading, I’ll just drill. (Or dump nayax)

20 hours ago, NevilleW said:

Down here in Aust we have had these since 2020 - called a "Fushion" bezel here.

More detail on a previous post"

Yes...but according to Nayax they are no longer available because they required a third party bill acceptor that only worked with the VPOS touch.  The new idea is to use a common MEI bill acceptor.

19 hours ago, darkinthepark said:

Yes...but according to Nayax they are no longer available because they required a third party bill acceptor that only worked with the VPOS touch.  The new idea is to use a common MEI bill acceptor.

We have been using the PTI Apex 7400 with our Fushions, like them as they have the bright flashing blue LED that highlights the note slot - Also can fit onto a ICT V6 acceptor.

Not sure how the PTI Apex could be claimed as only working with the VPOS, we've been using them as stand alone note acceptors for many years. MEI price down here is 50%? higher that the PTI/ICT.

Hi everyone.

The Fusion works on Pyramid Tech Bill acceptors only. The EasiFit will work on MEI Bill validators which much of the vending vertical wants. They will be available shortly and there is huge line for them. Any one who wants them should be calling their sales rep to place orders or if you are moving to Nayax or have questions about possible moving, I am happy to assist and feel free to reach out.

All the best to all of you.

Harry

Harry Kozlovsky
410-302-9015
harry@nayax.com

6 hours ago, Harry K said:

Hi everyone.

The Fusion works on Pyramid Tech Bill acceptors only. The EasiFit will work on MEI Bill validators which much of the vending vertical wants.

Hi Harry, Sorry but from experience the Fushion can also be fitted to an ICT V6 note acceptor (with a slight mod of mouniting holes) But I'm assuming that the V6 is probably not widely used in US.

Our preference down here is for the PTI Apex as their bright blue LED highlighting note slot shows where to insert notes.

So are both the Fushion & EasiFit going to be continued as a stock item by Nayax? Or Fushion phased out?

Hi Neville. 

Are you a Nayax customer from Australia? We never sold the Fusion in the US. Pyramid Technologies sold it exclusively. Yes the MEI is most popular in the vending vertical in the US.

Questions:

Harry Kozlovsky
410-302-9015
harry@nayax.com

2 hours ago, Harry K said:

Hi Neville. 

Are you a Nayax customer from Australia? We never sold the Fusion in the US. Pyramid Technologies sold it exclusively. Yes the MEI is most popular in the vending vertical in the US.

Yes we purchased from Nayax AU back in 2020. Our local PTI distributor wasn't able to get stock direct.

So are both models going to be kept as stock item?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Darkinthepark. 

We get them in and they fly out as quickly as they arrive. I would suggest placing an order. Feel free to reach out anytime. 

Thank you. 

Harry Kozlovsky
Senior Director of Solution Sales, Nayax Harry@nayax.com
410-302-9015 

On 11/1/2022 at 9:27 PM, Harry K said:

Hi Darkinthepark. 

We get them in and they fly out as quickly as they arrive. I would suggest placing an order. Feel free to reach out anytime. 

Thank you. 

Harry Kozlovsky
Senior Director of Solution Sales, Nayax Harry@nayax.com
410-302-9015 

I was one of the first to get one.  It has been on my giii machine for a couple weeks already.  Some customers were quick to figure out that dollars go under the cc reader, but others figured that the bill acceptor was removed.  I think the unit should ship with stickers that say "Accepts Credit and Dollars" or something like that.

That’s great. Thanks for the feedback. It’s very meaningful. 

Message to all non Nayax operators:

As you are being pummeled by emails to spend new money, ask yourselves why you’ve been sold non EMV readers all these years, where your customers are able to swipe their cards and you’ve been subject to chargebacks, where when shopping in retail, you’ve not been allowed to swipe since 2017? Nayax customers get no such emails. Nayax as the engineering company of its own devices and not outsourced and white labeled devices as others sell, have been both chip insert and tap since 2017.  No such thing as chargebacks.  
Now is the time to join with so many others that have upgraded to nayax and has allowed Nayax to double its sales this year. Technology matters.

Good night  

Harry Kozlovsky
Harry@nayax.com
410-302-9015 

Hi Vendns.

We sell the Onyx outside the US. Keep in mind we service 60+ countries. Outside the US, most countries are contactless and only tap their cards. In the US, we are behind the world  in payment technology, in that we still have been swiping cards as well as our customers are so used to inserting their chip for EMV secure transactions. Those of you that are non Nayax customers and have been “upgraded” to readers not allowing your customers to insert their card and only tap it, means your customers can still swipe their card and that still means you are subject to the same chargeback potential as you were before you did your upgrade. Here in the US, make sure you only buy readers that have insert chip option. Nayax readers have had both insert chip and tap capability since 2017 and that is the VPOS Touch. Buying the Onyx in the US would mean the customer can only tap their card, and since a high percentage of cards on the US do not have the wavy symbol on the back of the card, and it still cannot be tapped, means the operator would lose business and why the Touch is the best option still here in the US over the Onyx. 

This entire EMV chip and tap no chargebacks  understanding and education we’ve been doing since 2017 and is one Nayax is an expert in and why our customers have had it since 2017 and everyone else is only learning about it today from the others and paying the additional costs for not having it all along and why so many are understanding that technology matters and have jumped to Nayax  

Technology matters. 

Feel free to reach out anytime before making decisions. 

All the best to everyone. 

Harry Kozlovsky

Harry@nayax.com

410-302-9015 

Hi Vendns.

Nice to here from an international customer. Yes, EU is way ahead of the US in payment technology and unfortunately many non Nayax operators are having to spend new monies due to all the confusions they are under. You do not have to be concerned out the US and the Onyx is a great sleek contactless device.

All the best.

Harry Kozlovsky

Harry@nayax.com

410-302-9015 

• 3 weeks later...

I saw in the videos that with the VPOS Touch you have to press the display first before you can pay.
Is that still the case? That is not customer friendly. I thought you select your product at the machine and then you can just hold out your card.

2 hours ago, vendns said:

I saw in the videos that with the VPOS Touch you have to press the display first before you can pay.
Is that still the case? That is not customer friendly. I thought you select your product at the machine and then you can just hold out your card.

You don't need to touch the display.