Rowe 4900 with Error Code 9.29

lylebrous

I have a Rowe 4900 and we are experiencing weird behavior. When you would put a $1 bill in the machine, it would be $3.80 on the display. Some times it would let you choose a product that was $1 and it gave back $0.05. The same thing goes for inserting quarters, the machine things they are $0.95 each. Then I went to look at the stored pricing and all the amounts were goofy. I tried to reset them, tried pressing the red button and I am not getting much action. Now, I still a $1 bill in and it immediately turns the coin only light on. I try to eject bill and have no luck. The only error code I have seen is 9.29. I cannot seem to figure out what is causing the issue.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks!

9 hours ago, lylebrous said:

I have a Rowe 4900 and we are experiencing weird behavior. When you would put a $1 bill in the machine, it would be $3.80 on the display. Some times it would let you choose a product that was $1 and it gave back $0.05. The same thing goes for inserting quarters, the machine things they are $0.95 each. Then I went to look at the stored pricing and all the amounts were goofy. I tried to reset them, tried pressing the red button and I am not getting much action. Now, I still a $1 bill in and it immediately turns the coin only light on. I try to eject bill and have no luck. The only error code I have seen is 9.29. I cannot seem to figure out what is causing the issue.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks!

You should consider replacing the machine

Here is an old post of mine from 2014 that tells you about these errors.  You have a multi-board machine which is the earliest version of the 4900 so don't expect to find any replacement logic boards.

Okay, I found my book with Multi-board error codes.  If you turn the machine on while the door is open and one of the error codes of 9.09, 9.19, 9.29, 9.39 or 9.49 show on the display you will need to reset the machine controller.  Here is the reset procedure:

1. Press the red reset button behind the coin switches and the error will disappear.

2. Enter any selection number and change its price to anything.

3. Press the "Enter price" button on the handheld module.  The next selection and its price will appear.

4. Press the red reset button one time and then enter selection "59".

5. Press "Test Vend" next to the coin switches.  The display will then blank out and return with only a decimal point.

6. The reset is now complete and you must check for proper operation of the machine.

I have also found that the 9.49 error is associated with the OBA bill head.  There are no explanations of the meaning of the other codes.  Your error 9.09 could very well mean the logic board battery was/is dead - I do remember that one code was for that issue.  By resetting the board and having the machine turned on you will charge the battery, if it's still good, and perhaps your board will then continue to operate.

This all brings back memories of old when running these machines.  Those beginning years of my vending career are fond ones.  Really.