Quick FSI 3014a Question..

Nilly787

This machine had a ba32sa coinco standard or the newer option a mag32sa coinco ,other than that maka boat was original. The machine was not mdb so mars newer options are out. Mag32sa coinco is the easiest newest validator we use on 3014s we are retiring them over the next few years they are too old and not worth the upgrade.

You can use a mars 110v or 24v with proper harnesses.  The 110v or 24v harnesses are inexpensive but the "data" harness (as I call it) is very expensive unless you can get it from vendors exchange OR if you can find a maka-to-mars conversion harness but that conversion harness needs to match voltage (ie. 110v maka will convert to 110v mars).  You should also get the mars lower brackets for the USI machine but they really aren't absolutely necessary.  You WILL have to lower the upper mounting bracket to fit a mars.

My opinion is that as long as you have the brass upper mounting bracket, your absolute best move is to get an InOne board for the USI 3014 and convert the whole thing to MDB.  It will cost you some bucks to get it all done but you'll be future-proofed.

If you want a more simple answer, find whatever mars validator is cheapest in the 2500 series and get the matching harnesses.  For example, you can probably get a mars 2501/2511 + power harness probably pretty cheap (maybe $50-$75) and get a USI 110v harness (probably $10-$15) and then you'll need the data harness ($100~ from D&S and maybe $30 or less from VE if they have them).

Sorry but USI machines are a little complicated in that they can use either 110v or 24v but they are NOT MDB compatible with stock boards *AND* they don't have a full cutout for a validator so mounting validators is tricky.  I recommend setting the mounting up for mars though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nilly787 said:

Fella's. Thank you so much. I inherited this machine and I'm trying to keep it running as long as possible, as this is a good account. I'll take a clear picture of my whole exact set-up on my next visit. 

Being a good location is a good reason to invest in a newer machine, or at least use an InOne board like I said.

• Like 1