Vendo 721 strange error code

tc vending

I have a vendo 721 that has been saying sold out when it is full. Error code on the changer checked out the changer in snack machine  worked fine. Machine is also dropping to many drink like 2 coke 12 oz. some times three but not all the time. So today I changed the control board coke column still drop 2 or 3 cokes randomly. I have random error that has been in the machine since I owned it Uend C5 1 or CS 1 have no idea what it means. Any ideas would be helpful.  Thanks. 

On 10/31/2020 at 3:35 AM, AZVendor said:

Machine manual much?  The error codes are STS errors and the vending issue is probably a vend sensor problem since it's new.

AZ I read the manual this error is not in the book and I also consulted with vendo no answers other than I see on my chart uend is what it say in test mode. I suspect the vend sensor as well. Thanks

On 10/31/2020 at 12:47 PM, Southeast Treats said:

The 721 has sliding shims in each column that need to be adjusted based on package size and product depth.  There should be a chart on the door, or look at page 26 in this file:  https://www.vend-resource.com/sites/default/files/vendo-v21-parts-service-manual.pdf

First thing I checked in the coke column its in the forward position which is the proper setting for a 12oz. can, plus sts, and depth setting.

I still say the errors are STS errors and you should reprogram all STS to try to clear it.  Maybe a logic board reset by removing the battery (is probably a timekeeper chip) and then reprogram the entire machine - if you want to remove those errors.  Maybe VendoMike can respond and clarify this for you.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 12:09 PM, Vendo Mike said:

CS 1 is a "chute sensor error"   

There are vend (impact) sensors (2 redundant sensors) mounted to the chute that detect when a product is dropped on it.  They are calibrated to a specific range.  I generally find that someone takes a delivery chute out to work on something in the evap area and fail to reinstall the chute correctly. 

There are 2 "ears" on the back of the chute that insert into receiving slots in the rear wall of the machine. These slots are hidden by foam tape meant to keep noise down so they can be hard to find if not looking for them. Once those are in place and the front bolts tightened, the chute will be under tension and able to detect all drops.  If the rear "ears" aren't in place, the chute sits up too high in the rear and either rattles setting off the sensor too early preventing a vend or detects too late allowing extra packages to vend.  In cases where you're vending 4 deep, the rear package can get caught be the cradle and jam the column.

Pull the delivery chute and verify correct installation.  Be careful of the vend sensors plugged in near the door switch. 

Sensor replaced problem solved thanks for the info on cs1 no else with vendo could tell me what cs1 meant.