tblake05

1oz bag of chips - What do you sell them for?

Is .75cents a bag too high?  They cost about 30 cents a bag at sams, that's roughly 60% GPM.

I tried those for about a year after LSS went to about 42 cents and I didn't want to raise prices.  So I tried the 1 ounce bags (at the time they were about a quarter, have they gone up?), at 65 cents, a nice margin but not much money, anyway, sales went way down for me.  So, no, I don't think 75 cents is too much, I think that people really just want the larger bag.  My experience.

• Like 1

I only carry cheezits and pretzels in the SS size.  Everything else is LSS.  But I think 65-75 is good.  

• Like 1

I still have the SS size at 75, but not selling as much as a few years ago.  Bringing in more LS snacks for 1.00 and getting a good response.  Remember, this IS America, everything is bigger here - especially the food servings!!

• Like 1

Thanks for the info guys,

Were re-evaluating our pricing structure for the 1st of the year.

What do you sell 12oz cans of pop for?  Cost about 35 cents each.  Were at .75.  Should I jump up to 1.00?

7 hours ago, tblake05 said:

Were at .75.  Should I jump up to 1.00?

I would say .90 or 1.00 depending on location and commission.  Bottler operated machines have been at 1.00 for a long time except at wal-mart...

• Like 1

1.00 can if not doing it already

• Like 1

Currently have my small chips at either 80 or 85 cents depending on the location. I sell my cans from 85 cents to a dollar.

• Like 1

Currently have my small chips at either 80 or 85 cents depending on the location. I sell my cans from 85 cents to a dollar.

• Like 1

We have been selling small chips for $1.00 for last five years. Cans for $1.00.

• Like 1

Normal name brand 1 oz chips sell 75c all day long. Anything bigger goes to $1.00.