Impact of 3G, Swipe, and EMV/Chip to Many of You...

Harry K

Hi everyone.

I want to be sure everyone sees this and understands it's impact. For years, in the US, Nayax has supplied EMV secure chip readers. Why has Nayax supplied them and no one else has?  These are our readers. We are an engineering company company and supply unattended machine owners (vending, car wash, air and vac, massage chairs, amusements, photo booths, all smart PC based machines such as Electric Vehicle Charging Stations, kiosks, etc....)  in 70+ countries and all countries outside of the US have been on EMV/Chip for many years as the US lagged behind. Other readers you buy come from being bought from 3rd party OEM international manufacturing companies who brand the selling companies name on the them and they are then sold to operators, distributors and manufacturers. They will work well to take your customers to credit cards and phone payments as we all do but as these companies are sales and marketing companies and Nayax is a large engineering company, Nayax will always offer many technology advances in whatever we sell and at no additional cost that make a difference in our operators sales. See just a few below in the videos I shared...

I hear from people that say well I have made my bed and may not want 2 systems. My response is, well, if you use a full VMS (Seed, ParLevel, VendSys, or Vendsoft, for example), you do not lose any capability on your VMS software and if you are not using a VMS, Nayax reporting system is the best out there (even offering live MDB inventory) for operators of 1-400 machines. The hardware is software agnostic and all hardware will dex the same files to your VMS and your VMS is unaffected. Also, I ask, do you plan in being in business 3-5 years down the road? If yes, then why double down. 

Many of you buying older 3G and 4G technology for many years, can now with all the dysfunction being caused to you by forced 3G upgrading, EMV/Chip, and old swipe technology losing Apple/Google and Samsung Pay soon (see my prior post), and with our desire to offer great deals to easily transition to Nayax, it is a great opportunity to have the discussion.

If you have not yet had the discussion that has helped many people better understand the entire marketplace and where technology is headed to assist you, only with full information and diligence can you then make informed business decisions.

I am happy to discuss and answer any questions anytime.

Good luck to all of you.

Harry

Sr. Director Solution Sales, Nayax

harry@nayax.com

410-666-3800 x1113 (if I am on the phone (likely), please leave me a voice mail and I will call you back

1. What reader can withstand bad location vanadlism? https://youtu.be/yptgHfhmxBE   

2. A new Feature added to our Monyx Wallet App (see more below) - What reader offers free money (paid by Nayax) after every customer's purchase? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuLG0y-0yE4

3. Monyx Wallet App - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hwILaiIfMy0   

4. Nayax in Total for Vending - https://youtu.be/L2ApHJbOpjY

Harry, you are working hard to make your point.  I'm not sure that USAT, Apple Pay, et al, are just going to let the tech and all that business pass them by, but stranger things have happened I suppose.  I do have a question regarding your telemeters being used with Crane 4 in 1 bezel readers.  Your older units as I recall would work with the bezel only as card swipe, not contactless.   Is that still the case, or has your company engineered a fix?  Or do you have a bezel option?  There are times when adding a separate card reader can make a machine non-ADA compliant as the card reader is mounted above the vertical reach limit (i.e. BevMax).

I've ran into this frequently as well.  We also often see MEI bezels seem to lose settings for no explainable reading.   Bezel works fine, just modem seems to lose rs232 settings and won't reconnect with bezel.  Rebooting, reselecting rs232 settingsand nothing else seems to work. 

Harry, what are your solutions?

Also, can you address the frequent hardware failures of nayax equipment?  Many here claim few failures with usat devices, yet many nayax users seem to be reporting higher failure rates with their devices. 

Losing mobile pay and contactless is simply not going to happen for a lot of devices out there. Most cashless providers at this point have a solid EMV strategy, and just because a card reader does not have a chip slot does not mean Apple Pay and mobile wallets will stop working on them.

Even USAT G9s support contactless EMV and won't be subject to the problem you mention (although they may stop working anyway due to 3G shutdown).

While Harry is here to promote their products, it is nice to have direct access and be able to ask him the tough questions. In Nayax's defense I have not had an unusual amount of devices go down and when they do, getting another replacement is quick and easy.

Hi everyone.

Feel free to reach out to me anytime directly. I have an open door policy and usually always get back with 24 hours if someone leaves me a voice mail. 

Phil and Chris - We do not have an all in one that works with MEI or Coinco. Our readers require a 2nd knockout hole or drilling. We have an all in one called the VPOS Fusion. It is our VPOS Touch reader on a pyramid bill validator. Most in amusements use pyramid as most in vending use mei/coinco. We had MEI bezels many many years ago and we do not have many people still using them as they are old technology. I rarely hear them mentioned anymore. You are still using old Nayax/MEI? Please call me tomorrow if you are and I'd like to know more 410-666-3800 x1113. Those questions make me think you know Nayax from when InOne was our sole sales and support for the North American market. Five years ago we opened our North American office and have been educating and penetrating North America since.

Chris, I think I answered this in a previous post. I am frankly not aware of any overall issue. We have such a large distribution of readers all over (100's of 1000's in 70 countries). You can only imagine the tech prowess of an engineering company that can supply cellular and banking in 70+ countries and take 26 currencies, in all unattended machines of every vertical. I always welcome anyone who feels they have had an inordinate amount of failed readers (everyone's cases will be different), please reach out to me and I am happy to look into it.  

Jasonkw, The facts do not back up your feelings. Feel free to stick to older technology. All we can do as the international leader of cashless technology is educate. The North American market is listening I can assure you and that will continue to become more obvious as each day and month pass. See my recent post attached and see the transcript from the leader of VISA and Nayax educating what's coming down the pike. Those are the facts directly from the processing leaders. I am happy to go into more detail for any one interested in knowing more. harry@nayax.com or 410-666-3800 x1113

Clint, thanks for the kind words. We work closely with our OEM'S, Distributors, Re-sellers and Operators in a win/win situation and we both certainly have that going on. 

https://www.vendingconnection.com/vending-technology-news/nayax-webinar-highlights-cashless-payments-what-do-owners-and-operators-need-to-know/

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/harrykozlovsky_nayax-webinar-highlights-cashless-payments-activity-6728631514734714880-NNAY

Good night everyone and Happy Vending.....

Harry

2020-11-18 22_33_31-Full Line Vending Tips and Discussion _ Facebook.png

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Harry K said:

Hi Clint. 

I just saw you are famous. You made our video. Look at the end and you’ll catch it. 

Happy Holidays to everyone. 

Questions?

harry@nayax.com

or

410-666-3800 x1113

Haha I will have an autograph signing session at the next NAMA show!

Hi Chris. 
I haven’t encountered any customers who have moved or traded in from other companies, who pay anything more then what they currently pay (possibly even less) whether telemetry only or telemetry + cashless. We make it very easy and many are having the conversation, then understanding how the market has changed, what we exclusively offer, and almost all move forward make the switch. 

Happy to review anytime to anyone. 
harry@nayax.com

410-666-3800 x1113 

Nayax Sr Director of Solution Sales

Happy Holidays!