RikaKazak

Balloon Busters, weird issue where credits don't equal money inserted

I have 2 legit LAI balloon busters, and they're both having the same problem.  If you put a $20 bill into the dollar bill acceptor, it only gives you 17 credits instead of 20 credits like it's suppose to (and sometimes $5 gives 5 credits, sometimes only 4 credits).  I have tried different bill acceptors, still the same issue.  And it happens on BOTH of my balloon busters.

I've tried both the 4 pulse setting and the 1 pulse setting.  (both dollar bill acceptors I've tried are the MEI 2611's)  But either way it still messes up with the amount of credits given.

If you're familiar with balloon busters, I've adjusted P1 and P2, along with P4 and P5, but not matter what I select, I still seem to have the problem.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.  Thanks in advance guys.

Try setting it to the other pulse type (short vs long)

Edited by orsd

16 hours ago, orsd said:

Try setting it to the other pulse type (short vs long)

I don't know what short vs. long pulses mean.  Is that 4 pulse vs. 1 pulse?  (dip switch # 7 on the bill acceptor)  Or is it something totally different?

Sorry I don't really know much about setting machines up.  Every time I've bought used ones or new from a distributor and they've been set up already.

2 hours ago, RikaKazak said:

I don't know what short vs. long pulses mean.  Is that 4 pulse vs. 1 pulse?  (dip switch # 7 on the bill acceptor)  Or is it something totally different?

Sorry I don't really know much about setting machines up.  Every time I've bought used ones or new from a distributor and they've been set up already.

Something isn’t adding up here. Switch 7 on an AE2600 is the pulse short vs long option. It does not change between 1 and 4 pulses per dollar, and there is no switch for doing so. (Defaults to 1 pulse per dollar.)

The only way to change between 1 and 4 pulses per dollar is by using a programming coupon. Print it out, fill it out like a scantron, follow instructions in manual.

Edited by orsd

5 hours ago, orsd said:

Something isn’t adding up here. Switch 7 on an AE2600 is the pulse short vs long option. It does not change between 1 and 4 pulses per dollar, and there is no switch for doing so. (Defaults to 1 pulse per dollar.)

The only way to change between 1 and 4 pulses per dollar is by using a programming coupon. Print it out, fill it out like a scantron, follow instructions in manual.

THANK YOU SO MUCH ORSD!!!!!!  ZOMG ZOMG you're a life saver!!!!

So both DBA's were set to short pulse.  I switched them to long pulse, and the machine is working perfectly now :D  

If anyone else runs into this problem and finds this thread via google, here's what I have it set to so it works 100%.  These are legit Balloon Busters that I bought used from Ebay (guessing 6-8ish years old).

Pulses per dollar (coupon code 4) set to 1.  Interface selection (coupon code 5) set to gaming always enable.  Pulse long (coupon code 3).

The dba is a AE2611 U3E.

Go to pppp in settings, and change p1 and p2 to both read 1 OR change pP4 and p5 to both read 1.  It depends if your dba or coin acceptor is set to P1 and P2 or P4 and P5.  I have 2 balloon busters, and they're set one each way.

Thanks again orsd, if we ever meet, beers on me ;)

Oh, and make sure to turn off/on the machine after changing your p settings each time.  It's annoying to wait for the machine to boot up, but has to be done in order for the new settings to be applied.

I can no longer edited my post, but I thought for a second and set up a MUCH easier way.

Set P1 to 4.  P2 to 1.  P4 to 4 and P5 to 1.  (assuming you want $1 per play like me)  Then set the DBA to 4 pulses per dollar.  LONG PULSE.  And you're good to go.

MUCH simpler, and so far I've put about $200 through it, and with long pulses it has been accurate 100% of the time.  Thanks again orsd :D:D:D