Customer saying drinks warm?

OVend

I have a DN276E Dixie Marco drink machine. I have been told numerous times by the customer that the drinks come out warm sometimes. But whenever I’m there, I check all the drinks- the ones on top and the ones on bottom, and they are always nice and cold. They said that occasionally when they put a dollar in, no drink comes out, but then when they buy the next drink, 2 come out? 
any clue what’s going on or how to fix it?

thanks!

First, let's address the cooling issue.  Either people are crazy or there is something wrong.  I would do is check to see if the machines are on a breaker that gets shut off sometimes.  I have seen it happen before -- someone turns an entire circuit off for whatever reason and the machines (unbeknownst to them) are on that circuit.  Another thing to check for is a vending miser.  It will shut the machine off after some time when no one trips the motion sensor.  This can lead to warm sodas between shifts.  And then it could be something actually wrong with the machine.  If it happens only occasionally, the I'd assume it's low.  If this were the case, you'd likely see ice forming somewhere on the evaporator (a ball of ice for example).  If it freezes over the line going to the thermostat, the compressor will shut off (senses freezing temps) until the ice melts enough so that the thermostat can sense warmer air.  Then it will work fine for a while until the ice builds up again.  You could also have a bad thermostat but I haven't ever seen one do what you describe to be honest.

22 hours ago, AngryChris said:

First, let's address the cooling issue.  Either people are crazy or there is something wrong.  I would do is check to see if the machines are on a breaker that gets shut off sometimes.  I have seen it happen before -- someone turns an entire circuit off for whatever reason and the machines (unbeknownst to them) are on that circuit.  Another thing to check for is a vending miser.  It will shut the machine off after some time when no one trips the motion sensor.  This can lead to warm sodas between shifts.  And then it could be something actually wrong with the machine.  If it happens only occasionally, the I'd assume it's low.  If this were the case, you'd likely see ice forming somewhere on the evaporator (a ball of ice for example).  If it freezes over the line going to the thermostat, the compressor will shut off (senses freezing temps) until the ice melts enough so that the thermostat can sense warmer air.  Then it will work fine for a while until the ice builds up again.  You could also have a bad thermostat but I haven't ever seen one do what you describe to be honest.

Thanks you for the detailed response. Appreciate it, hopefully this helps!

About the mis-vends, can you recreate the issue?  And are these single or double columns?  Cans or bottles?  I have seen that problem with double can columns, possibly from a warped rotor.  I have quick fixed those by removing one of the plastic shims on the problem side.  There is probably a better fix I am not aware of.